Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 249625 times)

2015-07-30, 11:22:37
Reply #300

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
[...] a shared network folder that I have mapped as X drive, so that can't be the problem.

It can. If you donĀ“t use UNC-paths and run your BB-server as Administrator or just as another user (system or whatever) that account may not even has your "X:" drive mapped. A good way to check this is to run BB-server interactively as the current (logged in ) user who has your drive mapped already. But I presume you already tried this.

Good Luck!

In fact, now that you say the user thing, you may be completely right and it can be a matter of user permissions and what user did what thing and started each thing, thanks for the idea!
I did some tests but what I did not realize is that right now I just changed how I map drives and start the apps and this may be interfering with everything.

I'll cut this topic here because is not the right thread to speak about this, it's not specifically related to DB, so I'll report my conclusions inside the help forum.

Cheers!

2015-07-30, 11:34:48
Reply #301

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I do not generally use CoronaBitmap at all, so that's why I did not notice it sooner I think.

Same here. I generally use CoronaBitmap only in cases when i need modify textures externally, so i can avoid max crashes. I really hope that all those small bugs that infest CoronaBitmap will be caught and fixed sooner rather than later and we'll be able to use that map without any fear.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-07-30, 12:00:19
Reply #302

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
we fixed a bunch of them in the last release. Let us know if there are any more (we know about the viewport background and viewport slowdown)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-07-30, 12:17:37
Reply #303

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry for coming back with this one. IR has some serious issues where it will interfere with any action, for example moving an object. I can't move it for any longer than two seconds, after that IR will kick in and restart rendering (after a short lag), and sometimes even revert the last action.
Everything is laggy, UI is flashing... I am 100% certain something is broken here.

Before you ask, CoronaBitmap is not present in these scenes.

2015-07-30, 12:19:58
Reply #304

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry for coming back with this one. IR has some serious issues where it will interfere with any action, for example moving an object. I can't move it for any longer than two seconds, after that IR will kick in and restart rendering (after a short lag), and sometimes even revert the last action.
Everything is laggy, UI is flashing... I am 100% certain something is broken here.
I never experienced this. This is strange how some users have serious issues, and some don't experience them at all.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-08-04, 11:02:01
Reply #305

rombo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have felt that IR is lagging like crazy on this last one. Is there a possibility to remove one cpu from the IR so that the interface doesn't totally die on you while you are trying to calibrate materials?

2015-08-04, 11:05:47
Reply #306

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yes, there is. Look for it at render settings>performance>interactive rendering># of threads override
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-08-04, 11:52:25
Reply #307

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
daily build fixing the scene opening crashes is out - please test
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-08-04, 11:54:26
Reply #308

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I would very much appreciate any scenes to reproduce IR lag. I though i had it reproduced but I don't... I know it's there, but when it comes to hunting it down, it's really hard.

2015-08-04, 12:03:46
Reply #309

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
I have felt that IR is lagging like crazy on this last one. Is there a possibility to remove one cpu from the IR so that the interface doesn't totally die on you while you are trying to calibrate materials?

"on this last one" meaning the daily build from today? or the official 1.2 release?

2015-08-05, 18:42:22
Reply #310

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Another strange thing with the latest (1.2) daily builds and 1.2 release family. Again, no scene files unfortunately but maybe it will ring a bell for some people here.

I have a massive scene that worked absolutely fine before (prior to 1.2). Once I had worked on it with post 1.1 dailies and the final 1.2 I see strange things happening:

- the file opened and saved very slow sometimes
- rendering will always lead to a crash. The strange thing is, I can work with the file without problems, once I hit render, even if it's only one object, max will either crash upon render or shortly after I cancel the render.
- the file had no sun before and no sun was added (so it's not an issue with old sun/new sun conversion)

I wonder what kind of changes to Corona could leave to such instability? It is the second file I am seeing this on and the instability started after 1.1, at least for me.

I'm also beginning to question the pace of updates when it's clear that the dailies introduced problems and had performance issues. 1.2 has been a pain for me so far and I think 2 or 3 weeks of testing wouldn't have hurt. Be it the new sun, displacement, IR performance, this release seems to be worse in terms of stability and quality than any other before. Once people have adapted their scenes to 1.2 switching to an earlier version isn't so easy anymore as they need to strip any 1.2 related content (sun, displacement modifiers). It's doable, sure, but if you work for 2 or 3 weeks with 1.2 and realize it's better to go back, that's where you'll be facing a lot of work. I feel like this could have been avoided by testing 1.2 longer and ironing out the issues. The few hours spent in testing and figuring out what problems people see will multiply once a release has spread and people are facing problems and try to work around them or roll back in the worst case.

Please take this as constructive criticism. It's my honest observation from the 1.2 release and I really did wonder how three RCs were rushed out in two days (!) without being properly discussed here, for example. We really need this software to be rock stable.

2015-08-05, 19:37:19
Reply #311

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Agree with pokoy, i downloaded 1.2 at the office but wont installed on any pc after reading the forum, i dont have the time to solve the bugs.
I think that every one here wants a really working version instead of a really fast 1.1-1.2-1.3 versions that we can see on the calendar , its nice to have new options, speed and so on, but if this breaks the hard work invested here, i should rather wait more.

2015-08-06, 04:11:59
Reply #312

rombo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I meant version 1.2 - no daily
I haven't tried the new daily, I'm ending a job here and I am having enough issues as it is :)

I agree with pokoy, although I am aware that it is pretty hard to do bughunting in such complex pieces of software. I rather have a stable working version 1st. so version 1.3 can stay on the drawing board longer, to make it fool proof - I must confess I miss the stability of Alpha 7 ;)

Anyway, hope things will work out fine!

"on this last one" meaning the daily build from today? or the official 1.2 release?

2015-08-06, 10:07:53
Reply #313

cgiout

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Mmmm i didn't notice any IR lag with 1.2 (not daily) version and no crashes.
The scene was 12Ml poly and contains a Vray dome light.

2015-08-06, 10:37:15
Reply #314

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Most of us did not notice any problems, too, during testing of 1.2RCs, and there were no problems with CoronaSun, even when animated. Looks like some of the problems are system- or maybe max version-dependent.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us