Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244731 times)

2015-03-25, 10:25:57
Reply #15

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can absolutely understand why checkboxes make sense. If you need to render variations a simple checkbox is better then having to remove the material and stash it somewhere in the material editor so it's not lost.

2015-03-25, 10:33:51
Reply #16

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
That's why slate ME is superior over compact one.

Anyway, that feature was already requested and declined: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,4614.0.html

And please, post your requests in appropriate forum section.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-03-25, 11:21:02
Reply #17

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's why slate ME is superior over compact one.

Anyway, that feature was already requested and declined: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,4614.0.html

And please, post your requests in appropriate forum section.

Yep, and it was me who requested this in the first place. Since this resurfaced now, maybe there's a reason why people ask for it. It may not make sense to you but what if it makes working a bit more comfortable for them?

2015-03-27, 04:07:20
Reply #18

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When are we going to see the particle flow related surprise? :D

Cheers.

2015-03-27, 10:28:46
Reply #19

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
soon (TM)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-03-31, 19:32:42
Reply #20

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry. XD
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2015-04-17, 16:12:05
Reply #21

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Build apr 16

Max becomes very slugish on regular rendering. VFB doesn't update for several seconds, max often fails to redraw windows (everything becomes white). Interactive is quite laggy too, but it doesn't feels very smooth in a several recent builds though. This is all hapenning with very simple scene.

Will try to revert to previous build, to check if it's not may pc, windows or max's fault.

Edit: just tried apr 08 build and it's a lot smoother.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-17, 16:29:09 by romullus »
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-04-17, 19:53:10
Reply #22

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
why rayswitch material do not have the checkboxes for map control?
What would be the purpose of this? You put different materials in these slots, not maps.

Bump ;- )

I see the request was "resolved", and I am not really bothered to start a new request but will probably do.
The Rayswitch, is painful and illogical to use when compared to VrayOverride material which makes so much more sense.

The checkboxes indeed don't make sense in version where you have to put something in, but that is because the whole philosophy of this material is flawed.

The override, on other hand does it exactly how most users would want it to work, ie. start with something that works like normal material, the 'The base', and then start overriding features on/off in each category, GI/Reflection/Refraction.
Faster to start with, more flexible, easier to understand. Also much more predictable when using with Illuminated materials, which just honestly work strange with RaySwitch.

The simplicity of Corona is absolutely amazing. But some things already were easy, and this feels like wheel reinventing.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-04-17, 22:15:58
Reply #23

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Build apr 16

Max becomes very slugish on regular rendering. VFB doesn't update for several seconds, max often fails to redraw windows (everything becomes white). Interactive is quite laggy too, but it doesn't feels very smooth in a several recent builds though. This is all hapenning with very simple scene.

Will try to revert to previous build, to check if it's not may pc, windows or max's fault.

Edit: just tried apr 08 build and it's a lot smoother.

The Build from 16-Apr felt slightly slower in the material editor for me with an empty scene. I would hate to see this issue having a comeback.
Didn't have any of the issues you describe though.

2015-04-30, 15:26:23
Reply #24

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Any news on the new features the devs were talking about 1.1 ???

2015-04-30, 16:28:30
Reply #25

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
about 60% there. Unfortunately I had to travel and then I got sick. We are also still getting used to the new workload related to business & support. On the bright side, we have a new developer joining in few weeks, who is incredibly talented. He is currently working on AAA movies in WETA Digital. We will introduce him on our blog later.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-04-30, 16:35:06
Reply #26

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
about 60% there. Unfortunately I had to travel and then I got sick. We are also still getting used to the new workload related to business & support. On the bright side, we have a new developer joining in few weeks, who is incredibly talented. He is currently working on AAA movies in WETA Digital. We will introduce him on our blog later.

Aha that explains why it was so quiet lately. Looking forward to  1.1.

2015-04-30, 16:57:30
Reply #27

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Nice! Will be interesting to see what cool things he can add to Corona.
Vray who?

2015-04-30, 18:29:48
Reply #28

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

yeah, it sucks, not being able to develop, but there was just so much to do - taxes, support, offices, hiring, planning, hardware purchases, travelling, ... I am getting worried when the people who predicted that we will become money whores start with "I told you so" ;). But I have really high hopes for Robin, our new developer.

2015-05-01, 14:08:47
Reply #29

fire3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile

yeah, it sucks, not being able to develop, but there was just so much to do - taxes, support, offices, hiring, planning, hardware purchases, travelling, ... I am getting worried when the people who predicted that we will become money whores start with "I told you so" ;). But I have really high hopes for Robin, our new developer.

Sound's great, it's good to have new/fresh Idea's and other Point's of view in a Project/Product like this one.