Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 248052 times)

2016-03-02, 19:35:31
Reply #825

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Dunno, does not work. Does it need to change names from 2013 to 2014 or any aditional stuff like manuali writing paths to the plugin?

What exactly is not working? There is no renaming required.

Maybe you should doublecheck:
Copy Corona_Release.dll and CoronaLib_Release.dll to the max root and Corona2013.dlr and CoronaUtils2013.dlt into the plugins directory. All files should be from 01.03.2016. Do not delete anything other Corona related, just overwrite the existing files.

If you have messed it up, just use the Installer from the latest official Release and try the above again.

Good Luck
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-03-02, 19:37:03
Reply #826

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Nekrobul, try installing this first: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kgzu0cqy903ygmb/AAAiFcV4TLee56f7n6ZlJQfUa/Corona_Dailybuild_2016-02-16.exe?dl=0
...and then manually copy the files from the newest build.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-03-02, 19:45:06
Reply #827

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, it worked out.

With one markup. CoronaUtils2014 and Corona2014 in plugin folder should be deleted manualy.
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-03-02, 19:56:55
Reply #828

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That is great! Thank you Corona team!

2016-03-02, 20:43:09
Reply #829

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have this craysy idea about denoising. But i dont know if it is  paudlsible.c

Lets call it by layer denoising.
So if the final image in the viewport is beeng composed from different layers fog, reflections, lithing etc. Why not to add a posibility of switching off some of the layers from being denoised
« Last Edit: 2016-03-02, 21:08:57 by Nekrobul »

2016-03-02, 21:26:22
Reply #830

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

So if the final image in the viewport is beeng composed from different layers fog, reflections, lithing etc. Why not to add a posibility of switching off some of the layers from being denoised

The denoiser is already smart. It stores a bunch of special render elements internally to prevent blurring of textures and details. If it did not, it would simply be a regular gaussian blur filter in photoshop :)

2016-03-02, 22:12:39
Reply #831

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile

The denoiser is already smart. It stores a bunch of special render elements internally to prevent blurring of textures and details. If it did not, it would simply be a regular gaussian blur filter in photoshop :)

I just think it could be impoved for some scenarios. For example scene with a lot of volumetrics. When everything is covered with regular noise from it. Actualy i can bring an example tomorrow. I got just the couple of scenes witj this particular scenario.

2016-03-04, 10:35:49
Reply #832

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Discussion about possible UI overhaul has been moved here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,11213.0.html
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-03-04, 10:45:06
Reply #833

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Ondra, is it possible to make denoising as a button, not a checkbox. I mean could it work this way: render image <no denoise is applied> then set radius and press denoise button <denoise is calculated and applied>, if needed adjust radius and press denoise again <denoise is recalculated and reapplied>, repeat till satisfied. That would be killer feature!
« Last Edit: 2016-03-04, 13:36:00 by romullus »

2016-03-04, 10:58:30
Reply #834

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
that is planned, we are already working on it
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-03-04, 11:03:01
Reply #835

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
Ondra, is it possible to make denoising as a button, not a checkbox. I mean could it work this way: render image <no denoise is applied> then set radius and press denoise button <denoise is recalculated and reapplied>, if needed adjust radius and press denoise again <denoise is calculated and applied>, repeat till satisfied. That would be killer feature!

In this case, in your opinion it should be better if the second denoise pass would be done over the previous pass or starting from the raw image? In mine, it should be more pratical to restart from the raw image, bat maybe some tests should be a great help to better understand the better way.
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2016-03-04, 11:04:11
Reply #836

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
BTW so far there is a plan to have Blend amount for the denoiser. It will be spinner with 0 to 1 value where 0 is original image without denoising, and 1 is denoised image. So after render is done, you can set it to 0 to undo denoising, or you can blend between original and denoised image to get just the right amount. So every time you finish rendering, Corona will store both original and denoised image, and you can save them individually.

You will be also able to adjust denoiser radius and recalculate denoising after rendering is done, but  that won't be in realtime anymore, you will have to wait some second for denoiser to do its magic again.

2016-03-04, 11:18:21
Reply #837

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I was sceptical about denoiser at first, but i find it very useful already. And if you guys will make it adjustable after rendering, it will be MEGA!!!

2016-03-04, 11:43:45
Reply #838

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
There's also a bug that causes aliasing when denoiser is used. According to Ondra it will require rewrite of image filtering, but once that is done, denoiser will be MEGA MEGA, because it won't cause so much aliasing anymore ;)

2016-03-04, 11:46:01
Reply #839

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There's also a bug that causes aliasing when denoiser is used. According to Ondra it will require rewrite of image filtering, but once that is done, denoiser will be MEGA MEGA, because it won't cause so much aliasing anymore ;)

Now that's great news :)