Author Topic: Invitation: Celebrating a decade of rendering!  (Read 1897 times)

2022-03-31, 13:14:47

Helldoor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Helldoor Visual Studio
Hey there folks,

usually I post commercial work as I seldomly come around to making free time renders. Today however, I want to share with you a very personal project.

You see, in March 2012, after having spent 7 years studying and practicing architecture, I took a somehow unexpected carrer turn and deciced to become a self-employed-3d-artist. To be completely honest with you, this was a task I was widely unprepared for and a decision I have regretted many times afterwards.
Yet again - 10 years later - I am still doing and loving it.

So, to celebrate a decade of blood, sweat and tears, but also lots of beauty and joy, I'd like to invite you to have a drink and some cake with me in my garden. Why I went with a simple garden scene of all motives to celebrate 10 years of self-employment? Last year, after living in a small flat with two kids for far too long, we moved to a house with (quite a big) garden. For me, having spent my whole life in apartments, it is the first time having a green space to call my 'own'. It feels amazing and means a lot to me, personally.
I hope the shots do my excitement some justice and manage to grab and put you within this simple, yet naturally beautiful situation, where you can at least digitally be my guest:

Also, I wanna thank every each one of you for every like, motivational word and constructive criticism! Also, huge thanks to the Corona Team - not only for the times they shared my work on social media, but mostly for the wonderful engine, without which the images above wouldn't have been possible.

Cheers!
Teo

2022-03-31, 21:42:12
Reply #1

rubikandsun

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cheers Teodor,:)

Lovely project for the party!

I am also about 10 years in that lovely mess..

2022-04-01, 01:14:01
Reply #2

Helldoor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Helldoor Visual Studio
Congrats back to you then! A decade is actually quite some time - hope you still enjoy it!
Cheers and rock on!

PS: just got back to the gallery view in the forum, before turning down the pc for the day and saw your project - great animation - already watched it in the VWA! So elegant and delicate!

2022-04-01, 06:26:42
Reply #3

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Congratulations!

Great images. Well done :)
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2022-04-01, 08:04:16
Reply #4

HVB

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Congrats man!

And amazing images. love them

2022-04-01, 08:33:50
Reply #5

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
Beaut! 10yrs. image ago contrast would b good
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2022-04-01, 10:01:24
Reply #6

Helldoor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Helldoor Visual Studio
Thank you all for the kind words!

You see - as I stated in my initial post - I was very unprepared to be a 3d-artist. I had no real knowledge of any 3d software and also almost no connections to potential clients (exception being the architectural office I already worked at). So a lot of these 10 years was time wasted in trial-and-error-ing. Surely, to some extent I regret it, but generally I am looking forward to the next decade of working.

As for the comparison you wished for - here's an visualization I did for a city-development-plan-prospect 10 years ago:

From today's point of view it's really rough, but I am still kinda proud of it, given that it's 75% post production (just look at those manually done water reflections!). Damn it took some time to make...
But you know what - looking for this image motivated me to recreate this one with my current set of skills as a real 1:1 comparison. Maybe some day this year you'll see a remade version of it.
Until then - cheers!