Author Topic: Brand new to Corona using the 45 day trial. Constant crashing.  (Read 1730 times)

2021-07-22, 21:16:16

biggy

• Users
    • View Profile
So from what I have been able to troubleshoot there is a direct x shader that Corona doesn't like. I can not get around this. Every time I try to open the material/map browser it crashes. When in slate view it tries to render whatever this shader is and crashes as well. This is a fresh max scene and nothing is in it. Is this a know issue? Didn't expect this big of a roadblock right out of the gate trying to learn this renderer..

https://i.imgur.com/RlzvhoG.png

2021-07-22, 21:33:22
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Please tell what is the version of 3ds Max that you're using. Also provide minidump of the crash if possible. Instructions how to do that: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006

Moving topic to bug reporting.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-07-22, 21:46:21
Reply #2

biggy

• Users
    • View Profile
I am using 3Dsmax 2021.3.2 Security fix - 23.0 - 23.3.2.3508
« Last Edit: 2021-07-22, 23:37:35 by biggy »

2021-07-22, 22:47:20
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
there is an exception originating in vray, can you try uninstalling/disabling vray to see if it helps?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2021-07-22, 22:53:19
Reply #4

biggy

• Users
    • View Profile
Uninstall my production renderer just to try to get your product working? I can't do that.

2021-07-23, 08:55:15
Reply #5

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm sorry you are having these issues. Ondra was suggesting disabling/uninstalling V-ray purely as a troubleshooting step so we can see if there is maybe some incompatibility.

Which version of V-ray do you have installed and do you have any other 3rd party plugins installed?

Secondly is your Windows up to date, and are you running the latest graphics drivers? Sometimes outdated drivers can cause some strange behaviour like this.

Lastly for the moment, are you able to see Corona in the list of active renderers and are you able to start a render?

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-07-23, 09:00:41
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Also we can probably fix this even without trying running without vray, I was just asking because it would help us speed the process up.

You deleting the minidump does the exact opposite.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2021-07-23, 11:40:54
Reply #7

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

After some more investigation, I think that this is caused by a bug with V-Ray. Could you make sure that the material editor renderer is locked to the current renderer. I have attached a screenshot of the settings.

This issue will be fixed in an upcoming version of V-Ray, could you confirm that this workaround works for you?

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!