Author Topic: UHD Cache File Performance Degradation by Rendering Progression  (Read 987 times)

2021-07-13, 07:33:21

Byteman3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
While I use UHD Cache as secondary algorithm, with,

Animation (Flicker Free)
Try to Load +Append
Save to File

options,

rendering time is improved compared to when each frame is rendered from scratch.
The file size normally increases by time but the rendering time, first decreases gradually but increases as the rendering progresses without any noticaeble quality difference compared to the same frame rendered with a new UHD Cache file.
In a current scene I left the machine to render during the night and after about 200 frames, the rendering time was 2.09 at frame 2048.
I chose a new cache file and restarted. After the first frame is complete, rendering time is 1.07. Almost a minute of performance gain doubling the previous.
Normally rendering from the new UHD Cache file presents a very slight difference in overall image brightness but luckily it is not noticeable in my current scene and I moved on with the new cache file.

Previously it was reported that rendering would take about ten hours (which was stretching towards a clean 11-12 hours. It is now 6.30 hours left.

I believe there is no resource problem in the machine rendering this scene. With a totally fresh 2 TB's of SSD drive and a total of 128 GB's of RAM.

I would love to draw a performance/time graph by but I'm kind of busy right now. It seems to go down a soft slope.

ps. The Captcha window in the ticketing system has a problem in my browser (Chrome) its vertical size is limited to the Captcha area. You have to move a slider to see the blocks. It doesn't verify anyway.

Best regards.