Author Topic: How to set up Slave Machines for Distributed Rendering?  (Read 32525 times)

2014-06-11, 01:10:21
Reply #15

jonofj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can anybody help.

Im trying Distributed Rendering.

its registering the 2 slaves in backburner.

but when rendering they show failed in Corona DR

2014-06-18, 06:41:17
Reply #16

luisernesto

• Users
    • View Profile
From what i see you may have a corrupted backburner.xml file, xml tags should not show on the server window, try renaming your current backburner.xml file re enter your settings on manager settings window and backburner will create a new one.
« Last Edit: 2014-06-18, 07:04:05 by luisernesto »

2014-06-18, 08:05:24
Reply #17

luisernesto

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi, first off all congrats and thanks to the Corona Team for a great product.
I was wondering the following i have small 3dsmax/backburner vray/drspawner renderfarm with different cpu memory configurations and i want to install corona to render instead of vray so:
1. Since there are diferent cpus and some don't support SSE4.1 can the legacy version of corona coexist and work as a distribuited render node for the farm with the ones that support SSE4.1

2. I have 3ds max 2011 scenes worked with vray and would like to re render those with corona should i have to do some previous steps before clicking render

3. i render animations with backburner on a manager main pc and slave node servers, do i have to install corona's dr server on the manager also or only on the slave nodes

thanks in advance for any help

2014-06-18, 11:56:28
Reply #18

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
legacy/fullspeed versions are fully interchangeable
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-07-03, 13:05:19
Reply #19

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Do I need to have backburner running to start rendering? I have firewall permissions, DR Server running on the slave PC, but when I click Search LAN nothing appears or if I use the slave's IP.

2014-07-04, 01:24:10
Reply #20

jonofj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes you have to start back burner on your Computer First as the Manager.
then start backburner "Server" on the slaves .

funny thing I had to enter their names in the LAN as wasnt picking it up, and it would still say Fail in the rendering...but it will work and start the rendering on the slave machines.
that was for A6 havent used A7 to test that yet...

Does anyone know if you can render bucket , or progressive for One Still image using all the slave machines?????
....I didnt find an answer since some one asked already somewhere in the forum.

2014-07-23, 11:52:32
Reply #21

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
yes you have to start back burner on your Computer First as the Manager.
then start backburner "Server" on the slaves .

funny thing I had to enter their names in the LAN as wasnt picking it up, and it would still say Fail in the rendering...but it will work and start the rendering on the slave machines.
that was for A6 havent used A7 to test that yet...

Does anyone know if you can render bucket , or progressive for One Still image using all the slave machines?????
....I didnt find an answer since some one asked already somewhere in the forum.

Thanks. I will give a try :D

2014-09-27, 19:33:43
Reply #22

padre.ayuso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You must, on the instalation of Corona, check de DR option.
Then, open on the slave computer the DrServer on: C:/Program Files (x86)/Corona/DrServer as Administrator.

On the Master computer, Enable Distribute Rendering on Corona and click Search LAN, it should find the Slave computer.
Then just Render :D

Sorry, new here. Just tried adding DR on the slave computer I installed 7.1 but did not give me the option. Is there any other way to enable DR?

Thanks
Alex

2014-11-13, 09:02:48
Reply #23

theedge

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have the same problem : in the Corona 7.1 setup window I do not see the option to install DR server.

Edit : I found that it is a display bug. See this screen capture : on the right is the setup dialog on one of my render slaves : the DR option appears. But on my main workstation it is cropped and I can't resize the window to make it appear.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-13, 09:13:42 by theedge »