Author Topic: Physical Material Support  (Read 4733 times)

2019-11-24, 21:25:50

mateusz_s

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
So the Nitrous viewport is better and better when we are using Physical Material, we can get very nice PBR results, rendering in Arnold give almost the same result as in the viewport..
So I was wondering is it possible to support and OPTIMIZE (or to convert in runtime) the physical material so we can use it in the viewport and have similar render on Corona without changing the matrial to CoronaMtl,
chceck the yt video:

2019-11-24, 22:37:20
Reply #1

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Not until corona gets roughness\metalness pbr support of it's own yet i really hope it will not just because this improved 2020.2 viewport makes working a lot easier and a lot more pleasant, but mostly cause of the fact what corona absolutely has to have full, game engine compatible roughness\metalness pbr material support cause it simply lost me to vray\cycles on some of the latest substance painter\unreal engine related projects i had to do and i dont like that one bit cause i like corona a lot more than those )))

2019-11-25, 14:19:58
Reply #2

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, as Antanas said, without PBR support...it is not going to happen, and we won't have such nice things. But truth be told, nothing really happens to Corona lately. Let's be honest, since Chaos Group took over everything slowed down a lot. I don't want to get into a debate about this but this is the overall feeling I have and I don't think I'm the only one.
Just look at what V-ray is doing and what Corona is doing.
It really reminds me of the ADSK style when Maya get's all the goodies and 3ds max..well..... :D

2019-12-18, 11:24:33
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We are working on a new PBR material, see: https://trello.com/b/EfPE4kPx/corona-road-map-3ds-max
Other than that, I am not really sure what to respond to the last post. It feels like negating all the hard work our devs and the whole team are putting into Corona. Maybe just check out the changelogs to find out how much was done?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-12-18, 14:37:58
Reply #4

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We are working on a new PBR material, see: https://trello.com/b/EfPE4kPx/corona-road-map-3ds-max
Other than that, I am not really sure what to respond to the last post. It feels like negating all the hard work our devs and the whole team are putting into Corona. Maybe just check out the changelogs to find out how much was done?

OMG I'm hyped! Corona 6 is THE release I'm waiting for. Keep up the good work guys, don't mind the frustration we can experience that sometimes translate into harsh comments. We've all been there at some point. We all have different expectations so it's hard to satisfy everybody.

2019-12-18, 15:59:02
Reply #5

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, as Antanas said, without PBR support...it is not going to happen, and we won't have such nice things. But truth be told, nothing really happens to Corona lately. Let's be honest, since Chaos Group took over everything slowed down a lot. I don't want to get into a debate about this but this is the overall feeling I have and I don't think I'm the only one.
Just look at what V-ray is doing and what Corona is doing.
It really reminds me of the ADSK style when Maya get's all the goodies and 3ds max..well..... :D

The optimizations that were done in corona are unbelievable. Before Corona 5 I felt I needed to add more memory to my system. Now I don't anymore. PBR is now obviously something that needs to happen, but it really wasn't extremely necessary for archviz until not too long ago. After all Corona materials are already PBR, although not with the same workflow as the wide spread PBR.