Author Topic: select spinner value and release click at the outside the vfb.  (Read 2171 times)

2019-05-21, 06:50:01

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
win 7 SP1
max 18.4

in coronaVFB spinner, unable to edit value (keyboard input) after select value and release click at the outside of vfb.
but this issue doesnt occur in CIE.

2019-05-21, 13:17:49
Reply #1

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Can I just confirm the issue with you?

The issue seems to be that you select a value to change in the tone mapping for example, but you don't release the mouse click until you are no longer in the VFB and then the value appears to not be selected?

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-05-22, 04:11:31
Reply #2

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Hi,

Can I just confirm the issue with you?

The issue seems to be that you select a value to change in the tone mapping for example, but you don't release the mouse click until you are no longer in the VFB and then the value appears to not be selected?

Thanks,

Rowan
hi rowmanns, sorry for my poor english.
.. i don't release the mouse click until i'm no longer in the VFB and the value appears still selected but unable to edit selected value with my keyboard input.

2019-05-23, 09:52:06
Reply #3

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

No problem at all, I just wanted to make sure I understood the issue :)

I've created a bug report for this and I'll pass it over to the devs.

As this is not a very crucial issue I would suggest that just clicking the value in the VFB would be a suitable solution for the time being.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=355634624)
Send me your scene!

2019-05-23, 12:05:52
Reply #4

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
actually, select decimal numbers and round it up using numeric pad is my old habit. and with just click the value makes me need to press backspace instead of just select it.
then yes, this should be a low priority bug. as low as i always forgot to report it even though happens everyday.
many thanks anyway :)

2019-06-11, 04:07:05
Reply #5

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
hi devs, i found it actually behaves like this: click the spinner value and you only can change the value if the mouse cursor is inside the vfb dialog.
is it possible to make corona vfb lose focus not when just mouse leave the dialog but click any other thing than corona vfb?

keep it low priority, thanks

2020-03-06, 10:55:50
Reply #6

jrgby

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We've had this issue for a long time and have only just figured out it's because of where the mouse is, i.e. outside the VFB.

Typical behaviour is to highlight the whole value with the mouse, move the cursor away (to the right) so that it doesn't obscure what you're typing, then hit enter.

It's not a critical bug, but boy is it annoying!

2020-03-06, 13:21:36
Reply #7

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

We actually fixed this in the v6 daily builds, I just forgot to update the thread...

So it will be in the release version of v6, if you can't wait you can find the daily builds here: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015-corona-renderer-for-3ds-max-daily-builds

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!