Author Topic: ***WARNING*** CORONA ERROR: DR error: Accumulating EXR from slave  (Read 7300 times)

2018-02-26, 10:20:00

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Hello,

Got many times the error :
***WARNING*** CORONA ERROR: Sampling mask compression failed: Region is not strictly inside the bitmap. Region: 0 1044 2820 1218, bitmap size: 2500 1304
***WARNING*** CORONA ERROR: DR error: Accumulating EXR from slave 'ITG48' failed with error: Invalid image size: expected: 0 0 2500 1304, got: 0 0 2820 2258. Please send this file to our support: C:/Users/itg3d/AppData/Local/CoronaRenderer/dr-exr-fail.exr

We work on 3dsmax 2018.4, Corona v1.7.3. We submitted jobs to only one BB Server, that calls the other machines' Corona Renderer DRServers.
Please find here the log files and the dr-exr-fail.exr: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hQRlPKaQEmUvzvI6RwWa3mF4NG5o63Ui/view?usp=sharing

Thanks a lot,

Regards.
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2018-02-26, 13:50:11
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, thanks for reporting. We will look into this.
Were you using some kind of region rendering here?
Could you also share the scene itself with us? https://corona-renderer.com/upload
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-02-26, 15:27:35
Reply #2

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
We still have a lot of grief with regions and this error as well. On 1.7.2 currently. Mainly with max regions + DR. The DR nodes will give this error and start spitting out random full-width strips of data not inside the max region.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-02-26, 15:33:23
Reply #3

NicolasC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, thanks for reporting. We will look into this.
Were you using some kind of region rendering here?
Could you also share the scene itself with us? https://corona-renderer.com/upload
Hi Maru,
No render region involved AFAIK.
Impossible to share the scene because of NDA I'm afraid. If it's really mandatory for you guys to debug, I could maybe find a way.
Nicolas Caplat

2018-03-02, 13:30:16
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I am afraid we would either need a scene where this is 100% reproducible for us plus step-by-step instructions how to trigger it, or at least just the instructions.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-03-02, 14:54:23
Reply #5

NicolasC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Maru,

Let me check if I can reproduce the problem, then I'll think about sharing the scene. That makes me think, where can I upload a scene I want/need to keep confidential or simply share a DropBox link with you guys ? that's to stay avoiding to post a link here ;)

Thank you.

EDIT: no way to reproduce the problem I'm afraid ... I'll check carefully BB log window to check if the problem pops up again ! We regularly use BB + DR, I think we'll see quickly.
« Last Edit: 2018-03-02, 15:01:26 by NicolasC »
Nicolas Caplat

2018-03-02, 16:07:01
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-03-08, 22:57:07
Reply #7

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Similar error here. Rendering with 3dsMax region, suddenly one node throws this error with addition to:  Accumulating EXR from slave '192.168.1.52' failed with error: Got Iex::BaseExc: Error reading pixel data from image file "{memory}". Data decompression (zlib) failed..

Said node accumulated passes before just fine, and seems to also continue just fine.

I uploaded the "failed .exr" with private uploader linking to this thread.
« Last Edit: 2018-03-08, 23:19:17 by Juraj Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2018-03-16, 13:45:25
Reply #8

MarekB

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Similar error here. Rendering with 3dsMax region, suddenly one node throws this error with addition to:  Accumulating EXR from slave '192.168.1.52' failed with error: Got Iex::BaseExc: Error reading pixel data from image file "{memory}". Data decompression (zlib) failed..

Said node accumulated passes before just fine, and seems to also continue just fine.

I uploaded the "failed .exr" with private uploader linking to this thread.

Hi,

Thanks for the file! Do you still have the scene in which you encounter this error?
Also, does this happen everytime you render it using DR or rather randomly?

2018-03-20, 22:32:13
Reply #9

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
It happened very sporadically and I haven't noticed it before at all and haven't seen it since. And I in fact....forgot which scene I even talked about here :- / Very sorry.

I tried searching for the failed.exr to at least see in which project folder I saved it in but I must have deleted it or what.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2018-03-22, 11:45:24
Reply #10

NicolasC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

I've got a scene where the problem occurs again ... from all the slaves involved in the DR rendering, for each single pass !! Please note it's jobs submitted with BB to only one machine, acting as master for DR rendering, calling all the other machines as DR servers.
Also, not sure it's linked or not, but this rendering shows problem with the DR stats, as pointed in this thread: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=19745.0
Interesting thing, I've just noticed is that the error says "Invalid image size: expected: 0 0 4096 2048, got: 0 0 3000 1500", where 4096 x 2048 is the size of the currently rendering image, whereas 3000 x 1500 is the size of a previous test rendering I made a few hours before ! not sure why / how / where it's stored ?!

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2018-03-22, 11:54:24 by NicolasC »
Nicolas Caplat

2018-03-22, 12:44:35
Reply #11

NicolasC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, I guess I found at least one potential reason. We changed the output resolution in BackBurner, by editing the job settings ... it seems Corona doesn't like that at all ! or is it 3dsmax 2018 or ?
Please, tell me there can be a fix for that ! meanwhile, I'll continue to investigate to check if DR behaves normally without this BB job settings tweak.

Regards.
Nicolas Caplat

2018-03-22, 15:17:00
Reply #12

NicolasC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Confirmed - I've just tried again, with setting the correct resolution initially in the 3dsmax file (and not by changing it from the BB job settings), no more problem !! ;)
Nicolas Caplat

2018-03-22, 15:39:41
Reply #13

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
My tracker entry from Dec. 2017:

https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=2934

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-03-22, 15:59:28
Reply #14

NicolasC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh, thank you, Frood. To be honest, I haven't thought about searching in the bug tracker using tags ... my bad. Glad to know it's already been reported, initially I was afraid of a random bug - at least we know it's all but random :)
Any chance for a fix soon ?
Nicolas Caplat