Author Topic: Daily builds version 2  (Read 130430 times)

2018-05-17, 19:44:35
Reply #525

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
"Multimap - randomization by mesh elements"
Imagine You try to walk towards the horizon to reach the line between ground and sky ;)
It was postponed so many times...
+1 of course

2018-05-18, 03:36:44
Reply #526

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Hey guys... when could we see this important feature "Multimap - randomization by mesh elements"?
Please... do this asap ))
thanks
Actually we can get it by using mode MatId in multiMap and MaterialByElement in modifier. and anyway i vote for any shorter workflows, same for romullus curve in distance map request.
But i always keep my ears open for the "new light solver". any news about this feature development?

2018-05-18, 09:20:49
Reply #527

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello!
Found an error in CoronaBumpConverter, the bamp is not correctly displayed when mirroring is mapped.

2018-05-18, 11:13:21
Reply #528

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hello!
Found an error in CoronaBumpConverter, the bamp is not correctly displayed when mirroring is mapped.

For me it gives expected results. What build is this?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-05-18, 11:15:39
Reply #529

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Just out of curiosity, has anything changed about the denoiser in the daily builds?  I just jumped to a recent daily from 1.7 HF2 and it almost seems that the denoiser is a little different in its behavior.  If I had to describe it it'd be a little more blurry\blotchy at high levels (above .650).  Like so many things, could be user error or my imagination...or scene dependent, this is a tough one.

Yes, there were few changes in the denoiser and adaptivity computations (see the changelog for details). Could you provide us with some example where this happens? A scene would be the best, but just sending the render saved in CXR should be enough. At the very least, please post your denoised renders from 1.7.2 vs v2 for comparison :)

How do you override by glass material?  Meaning, how does corona know what is a glass material?  Do you need to name the material "glass"?  I haver a scene where the glass is part of a multi sub material and i cant get it to work.

It is currently some dark magic based on reflection & refraction settings. The name of the material does not matter. This detection will most definitely require some tweaking, so please send us configuration of your glass material and we'll see what we can do.

Also, for the multimap update, how does this work exactly?  If I have a tree with a multi sub material where material 1 is the leaf, material 2 for twigs and material 3 for bark, does this allow for a coronamultimap sub material applied to material 1 to be randomized now?  If so how?  I have tried without any luck.
"Multimap can now be created with just one map allowing to apply hue randomization and other options to just a single map"

The only change is that previously the multimap had to have at least two maps. Now it can have just one. The result should be the same as with 2 maps that are identical.

So I decided to test the noise in the latest daily build, and found I'm getting way more noise than the 1.7.2 release.

This scene is lit by a 1k env map, a 'sun' light (shining behind the surfaces in the images and a few small lights off camera which don't really add much illumination to the scene.

I cropped in to a small area, and I found that the 14 minute 4% noise render produced in 1.7.2 has a similar quality level to the latest daily 30 minute 7.5% noise render. Both using the new light solver. I understand that the different builds may display noise differently, but it's hard to not notice that time-wise, it took over twice as long in the latest daily to get something as good as 1.7.2.

So unless I'm doing something wrong, I'm looking at doubling my rendertimes for the new 2.0 release?

Could you send us the scene for internal performance testing?

Hey guys... when could we see this important feature "Multimap - randomization by mesh elements"?
Please... do this asap ))
thanks

Sorry, we had to sacrifice some features originally planned for v2 so that we won't have to postpone release any further.

Hello!

Whenever reporting such bug, where you have a simple testing/reproduction scene, please try to attach the scene. This will enable us to fix this bug much faster, since we can just jump in the code without having to setup the reproduction case based on screenshots :)

2018-05-18, 13:59:12
Reply #530

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello!

Checked on your latest version Corona 2.0 dailyDuildd May 19.2018. I guess this problem is still conferred by Corona 1.7.

2018-05-18, 15:21:29
Reply #531

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
hi Ryuu, whats up with "new light solver" development? Will you make it for the corona v2 or did i miss something?
and is it possible to make contrast range in coronaColorCorrect higher? i moved to max ColorCorrection for couple times because of its limited range. i will create a feature request if possible

2018-05-18, 15:47:01
Reply #532

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
or did i miss something?

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=15845.msg109583#msg109583

If you have not changed the defaults and assuming you use 1.7 or newer, you are already using it (see "Performance Settings" ->"New light solver"). The last note in the linked post is still valid unfortunately, thus it is still called "experimental".

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-05-18, 15:59:50
Reply #533

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
or did i miss something?

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=15845.msg109583#msg109583

If you have not changed the defaults and assuming you use 1.7 or newer, you are already using it (see "Performance Settings" ->"New light solver"). The last note in the linked post is still valid unfortunately, thus it is still called "experimental".

Good Luck
hi frood, sorry, i should explained it better.
yes i already knew about that. It is experimental and can cause problem if used in scene with non-physical fakes (e.g rayswitcher) according to the tooltip in my rendersetup. What i meant before is are they corona team / ryuu still developing the fix or not.. just curious :)

2018-05-18, 16:12:30
Reply #534

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
If you have not changed the defaults and assuming you use 1.7 or newer, you are already using it (see "Performance Settings" ->"New light solver").

AFAIK the new light solver should still be disabled by default. Didn't you just save it as a default override?

hi Ryuu, whats up with "new light solver" development? Will you make it for the corona v2 or did i miss something?

Unfortunately due to SIGGRAPH deadlines & co., the researcher responsible for this solver did not have time to do any significant progress. Improvements are currently planned for v3. But since this is a PhD-grade research topic, I don't want to make any promises regarding how much progress we can make.

and is it possible to make contrast range in coronaColorCorrect higher? i moved to max ColorCorrection for couple times because of its limited range. i will create a feature request if possible

It's always better to make feature requests and bug reports in separate threads. Many of the requests and some bug reports in this thread unfortunately get lost in the noise.

What i meant before is are they corona team / ryuu still developing the fix or not.. just curious :)

Rule of thumb: if you can see it, Ryuu probably didn't code it ;) I mostly focus on under the hood improvements and some optimizations, when I have some time to play with the code

2018-05-18, 16:23:14
Reply #535

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Still cannot believe that its been requested many many times since 2015 with loads of people +1'ing and yet slice/clipper material is STILL being pushed back past v2.

2018-05-18, 16:48:51
Reply #536

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Didn't you just save it as a default override?

Just checked, not saved as default. But our startup scene has it activated (of course :), sorry for confusion.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-05-18, 16:59:07
Reply #537

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio

hi Ryuu, many thanks for your time.

It's always better to make feature requests and bug reports in separate threads. Many of the requests and some bug reports in this thread unfortunately get lost in the noise.
yes i decided to ask here first because just need to make sure the possibility of the thing i want to request. i dont want ondra lose his coding time just because of moving threads to Resolved feature requests. anyway, I assume it is doable and i'll make a feature request asap

Rule of thumb: if you can see it, Ryuu probably didn't code it ;) I mostly focus on under the hood improvements and some optimizations, when I have some time to play with the code
Unfortunately due to SIGGRAPH deadlines & co., the researcher responsible for this solver did not have time to do any significant progress. Improvements are currently planned for v3. But since this is a PhD-grade research topic, I don't want to make any promises regarding how much progress we can make.
nice to know a small thing in development team structure. so i guess it is Jaroslav Křivánek's work.
Good job guys and keep it up! :)

2018-05-18, 18:34:02
Reply #538

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hello!

Checked on your latest version Corona 2.0 dailyDuildd May 19.2018. I guess this problem is still conferred by Corona 1.7.
It would be best if you would create separate topic in bug reporting board and attach simple reproducible scene.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-05-22, 04:45:29
Reply #539

Zray

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3darcspace studio
I'm using daily build May15, the render time is 2 times higher than 1.7, does anyone have same issue?