Author Topic: Distributed Rendering - Search Land Doesn't Show Render Nodes  (Read 7433 times)

2016-02-03, 22:23:18

MGDesignUK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MG Design UK
Everything was working fine a few weeks back but now when I click on 'Search Lan' it doesn't show any of the render nodes! I have to manually add the machines via the IP address now rather them being displayed by the PC name.

I've tried the same method on one of the render nodes and the other PC's show up via IP addess and then the computer name in brackets.

Yes Corona DR is running on the render nodes as well.

I've tried uninstalling Corona on the problem machine, restarting everything. I hope someone can help me out here please.
MG Design UK - 3D Visualisation Studio Based In Surrey

2016-02-04, 00:23:01
Reply #1

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Installed any other Network adapter?
Installed Hamachi?
Any VPN?
Any machine use ipv6 adresses?

And most importantly, why not simply type in static ip adresses and save it as default? No need to search, render starts faster.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-02-04, 09:19:02
Reply #2

MGDesignUK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MG Design UK
I installed some VPN software recently so that might be it. The software isn't running when I click 'Search Lan' though....

2016-02-04, 11:41:30
Reply #3

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
I installed some VPN software recently so that might be it. The software isn't running when I click 'Search Lan' though....
Change Network Adapter priority. Put the New VPN Adapter in the Windows network list to the bottom and the real one at the top, that outa solve it.

2016-02-04, 12:00:54
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If the problem persists:
-have you made any changes on the PC recently (updated something - max, Corona, DrServer, installed some software, installed/updated firewall or antivirus?)
-you can also create a txt file with pre-defined IPs https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000002050
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-02-04, 12:46:08
Reply #5

MGDesignUK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MG Design UK
I tried changing the order of the Network Adapter Priority and I'm afraid that hasn't worked either.

No changes to the 3DS Max software or Corona.

I've tried disabling the AVG virus software and also the window firewall and still nothing.

I just tried running the DR Server on the PC with the problem and then clicking on 'Search Lan' and it found itself. Again it showed the following (127.0.0.1 (192.150.14.69)... Not computer name at all.

2016-02-04, 15:08:40
Reply #6

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
I tried changing the order of the Network Adapter Priority and I'm afraid that hasn't worked either.

No changes to the 3DS Max software or Corona.

I've tried disabling the AVG virus software and also the window firewall and still nothing.

I just tried running the DR Server on the PC with the problem and then clicking on 'Search Lan' and it found itself. Again it showed the following (127.0.0.1 (192.150.14.69)... Not computer name at all.
One more thing, worked for me:
Right click VPN adapter, into ipv4, advanced, unchecked "use as gateway" and change metrik from automatic to 9000.
This should force all connections not to connect to subnet of VPN adapter. Then hope DrServer uses because of this the correct interface.

2016-02-04, 15:31:47
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Are you sure that the master PC and nodes are on the same subnet?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-02-04, 16:45:46
Reply #8

MGDesignUK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MG Design UK
All machines are on subnet 255.255.255.0

I've changed the VPN adapter settings to make make sure it doesn't use it and still no joy! Thanks for everyones help but any more suggestions would be great please

2016-02-04, 16:52:58
Reply #9

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I've changed the VPN adapter settings to make make sure it doesn't use it and still no joy! Thanks for everyones help but any more suggestions would be great please

Have you tried just temporarily disabling the VPN to see if it is that causing the problems?

2016-02-04, 19:29:32
Reply #10

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube

But VPN usually create an own adress space for their machines, like 25.0.0.X and translate back and forth to avoid conflicts with existing lans, while creating a whole lotta other issues, thats what I mean.

2016-02-07, 11:54:56
Reply #11

MGDesignUK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MG Design UK
I've uninstalled the VPN software and disabled the VPN adapters and it still doesn't work. This is doing my nut in now!

2016-02-07, 13:49:51
Reply #12

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
I've uninstalled the VPN software and disabled the VPN adapters and it still doesn't work. This is doing my nut in now!
Well, just stop trying to workaround the horrible interface accessing windows has, god bless linux, and type in the IPs yourself - once, no need for rediscoverey each time.

2016-02-07, 14:03:04
Reply #13

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
any more suggestions would be great please

Maybe the output of a

"ipconfig /all"

and

"route print -4"

sheds some light on this and shows something suspicious. At least it´s a less blindfolded approach :).

But I have to admit, from your descriptions I would still suspect something blocking like a firewall.

If everything fails, you could still try to somewhat "reset" your tcp/ip stack e.g. as described here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/299357#bookmark-letmefixitmyselfalways

Good Luck!

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.