Author Topic: Does anyone have this date build (2015-08-28) to lend, its about displacement.  (Read 3865 times)

2015-11-07, 20:27:30

relox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi i see some changes about this build that is not on dropbox this is the date when i download this build 2015-08-28 but cant find it on drop box because its old.

i tried displacement in the new 1.3 release version and i apply displacement on one face seems to be that one face its displaced, but the other faces doesnt have continuity and when i use this date build i do the same and faces that doesnt have displacement on the same object they include continuty and doesnt have edges pop out.

thanks if you read this ondra can you help me, if we can have it back this feature?.

Thanks for your replies.

2015-11-07, 22:39:29
Reply #1

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. Haven't got file your'e after. But I can confirm this displacement behavior in v 1.3.

2015-11-09, 01:50:58
Reply #2

relox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your reply, PROH yep that build has continuity result, and i deleted the file when i update To the newest build, so i want to compare the v1.3 and this build date to see if we can have this result back to corona 1.3v thank you.

2015-11-09, 09:33:56
Reply #3

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Hi, fortunately I have what you need. check the attachments.

2015-11-09, 09:35:01
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Keep edge continuity is working fine in V1.3 here. What texture format you're using? Does edge continuity doesn't work with every single texture or with some specific ones?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-11-09, 11:14:06
Reply #5

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi rommulus. I'm having the same problem as OP. I've tested it on both MaxDesign2014 & Max2016, and I've tried jpg, tif, & png, and finally I,ve tried to reinstall Corona 1,3. Nothing changes :(

But... one thing makes a difference: If I use a single material with a Corona multi-map in the displacement slot, instead of a multi/sub-object material, then continuity works (sort of). But my preferred method is (and will be) to use a multi/sub-object material.

Along these tests, I discovered another problem using displacement in a multi/sub-object material. If I change the bitmap offset for the displacement map, IR doesn't start to recalculate the displacement as it should.

How did you set up your test?

2015-11-09, 12:09:13
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
My example is with single material with multimap, didn't test with multi material yet. I will try it later.

If you encounter some bugs, report it in forum or mantis, please. Devs need to know about it to be able to fix it :] I won't move this topic to bugs board, because it's a bit messy. It would be nice if you or OP could open new bug report in appropriate section.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-11-09, 15:52:05
Reply #7

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
A sample scene will help, to help dev.team to decide is it a bug or not?

2015-11-09, 22:46:59
Reply #8

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2015-11-10, 00:49:22
Reply #9

relox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks alot noel20 you save the day!!, here it´s the example this is version build (2015-08-28).

As you can see displacement goes backwards not foward, so we will not have open edges. thats i would expect to have with only one face displacement. 

***I used simple corona material with corona btimap in displacement slot, this is 0.1 height so it is 10cm displacement.

But i notice that i have to rotate the texture, otherwise still there open edges.

This only happens with this texture i attached, still the same if you use it on png or jpeg or jpg format.

So my question is, does that option to have continuity on faces without displacement will be implemented on a new corona build?

Tnakyou!!  romullus,Noel20 and PROH.