Author Topic: Batch Editing Images with Corona Image Editor  (Read 103320 times)

2019-05-16, 13:56:12
Reply #60

KC149

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Team,
So I'm using this for the first time on a set of images, it seems to work but only for what looks like random passes depending on the view. For the passes that it doesn't work on, I get an error message in the CMD window saying "file-name.exr -- Image resolution must be at least 1x1, you asked for 0x0" I cant see anywhere in the Config or Bat file to set this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2019-05-21, 10:00:16
Reply #61

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi Team,
So I'm using this for the first time on a set of images, it seems to work but only for what looks like random passes depending on the view. For the passes that it doesn't work on, I get an error message in the CMD window saying "file-name.exr -- Image resolution must be at least 1x1, you asked for 0x0" I cant see anywhere in the Config or Bat file to set this.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Hi, do the failed passes actually contain some valid pixel data if you open them? What is your output format? Is it EXR? And what happens when you try to use PNG or some other format instead? Can you upload one of the failed passes (private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload )?
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2019-07-26, 12:58:56
Reply #62

SandrineC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys !
I try to edit the batch file that you gave but my knowlage in script is limited :)

I would like to define a list of render elements that'll be exported
Today, we only have the choice to export all the render elements or only one

How it you be possible to make a selection of just some of them ?

Thanks

2019-07-29, 08:21:13
Reply #63

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi, it is not possible right now, unless you run the script multiple times in some loop.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2020-03-04, 13:00:35
Reply #64

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread. Can the Batch script use the postprocess settings that are already in the CXR?
Im finding the process of having to open the CXR to save out a TIF of that CXR pretty cumbersome when youre dealing with a studio's worth of images.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-04, 13:38:42 by Jpjapers »

2020-03-04, 13:33:18
Reply #65

PauloRosario

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Let me take advantage that Jpjapers resurrected the post to ask:
Batch currently saves the output in the same folder as the original .CXR file. How can I edit it so that it starts to create a sub-folder called "Outputs" and save the outputs inside it?

2020-03-04, 17:27:06
Reply #66

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks for your suggestions! I will be sure to log them.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-03-05, 10:05:33
Reply #67

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Let me take advantage that Jpjapers resurrected the post to ask:
Batch currently saves the output in the same folder as the original .CXR file. How can I edit it so that it starts to create a sub-folder called "Outputs" and save the outputs inside it?
Hi, you can always script it and move results wherever needed.

2020-03-05, 10:15:39
Reply #68

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread. Can the Batch script use the postprocess settings that are already in the CXR?
Im finding the process of having to open the CXR to save out a TIF of that CXR pretty cumbersome when youre dealing with a studio's worth of images.
Hi, IMO it works by default when you remove the alongside Postprocess.conf file. The file works as override of the settings baked in CXRs.

2020-03-05, 13:51:47
Reply #69

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, IMO it works by default when you remove the alongside Postprocess.conf file. The file works as override of the settings baked in CXRs.

True but to be able to batch process them you are bound to using the corona batch file method. If you open it as an EXR the tonemapping settings are lost completely and just saves out as default tonemapping which is a shame.
If it played a little nicer you could just have media encoder watch your render output folder and automatically spit out TIFFs and half res preview JPEGs.

2020-04-14, 04:06:09
Reply #70

GeorgeR

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have 2 questions, regarding the command line options rather than the batch script:
1) Can I set format output options, like 16 or 32bit for EXR, and with or without alpha?
2) Can I set the output using tokens, like {name}_{frame}_post_{element}.{format}?

2020-04-15, 09:25:58
Reply #71

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
I have 2 questions, regarding the command line options rather than the batch script:
1) Can I set format output options, like 16 or 32bit for EXR, and with or without alpha?
2) Can I set the output using tokens, like {name}_{frame}_post_{element}.{format}?
Hi, EXRs get always saved with alpha and with 32bit depth. There is no token support, but you can script it and rename outputs to whatever needed.

2020-04-15, 09:40:34
Reply #72

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Hello :)

I sort of jump into this thread to share an opinion about batch editing imaging with CIE. I think this method doesn't match the Corona philosophy ... user-friendly, simple, straight-forward, but powerful nonetheless. Do you guys have plans to propose a GUI for batch editing images with the CIE ? it would be amazing to fine-tune an image in the CIE, and then call batch editing from a simple menu, aim a folder where the images to edit are saved, set a few options, and go !
Despite the fact I'm old enough to have known DOS commands time as a daily stuff, I think command line things should stay something from the past ;)

Well, my 2 cents :P
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2020-04-16, 15:00:54
Reply #73

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hello :)

I sort of jump into this thread to share an opinion about batch editing imaging with CIE. I think this method doesn't match the Corona philosophy ... user-friendly, simple, straight-forward, but powerful nonetheless. Do you guys have plans to propose a GUI for batch editing images with the CIE ? it would be amazing to fine-tune an image in the CIE, and then call batch editing from a simple menu, aim a folder where the images to edit are saved, set a few options, and go !
Despite the fact I'm old enough to have known DOS commands time as a daily stuff, I think command line things should stay something from the past ;)

Well, my 2 cents :P

Hi, thank you for your input. You are right, but I must say that the batch editing script has never been an official tool meant for a wide audience and has never been part of Corona releases. It was given to the community as an example showing how some Corona expert users or render farms could plug the command-line CIE into their workflows. In the future, we might introduce more user-friendly ways how to deal with such things but there is no time estimate for that right now.

2020-08-03, 16:59:55
Reply #74

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm testing the batch editing to apply denoise to an animation, but during the process some random frames gives an error "Render element does not exist, or cannot be considered for denoising (it is hidden, or it is not an RGB element)".
(see picture in attachment)

I edited the .bat to denoise only the BEAUTY pass, and if I manually open the frames that are giving errors they are perfectly fine and I can denoise and save them.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks

This is fixed in V6 RC1. If possible, please test it and report if it ever happens again.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us