Author Topic: DARTOFANG sketchbook  (Read 303561 times)

2014-09-14, 12:40:00
Reply #90

dartofang

• Active Users
  • @archviztutorial
    • View Profile
almost done with the interiors of my personal project "CORONA" here's a teaser of it.

2014-09-19, 05:30:41
Reply #91

dartofang

• Active Users
  • @archviztutorial
    • View Profile
so here's the first batch of interior renders

I called this project " CORONA house"  dedicated to the Corona team. :P
Thanks guys for making this powerful rendering software. Really fast and easy to use, not to mention it gives more realistic feel and look on the renders.

So my workflow here is I set up 3 VRAY HDRI  (day, sunset, night) so I can just choose the lighting that looks good for the camera shots. I used Snip tool from windows to take snapshot on my settings so whenever I want to change back and fort i don't need to guess on the values of the lights.  I also added some Corona lights and ies fpr the interiors. This would be my second concept and design for interior and exterior rendering. I use 3dsmax for modelling and Marvelous Designer for simulating the cloth and Ivy Generator. For the texture  of the house, I use cgtexture maps, UVWmapping with different channels, VMPP, some premade models from Archmodels, Igrass, Icube, Vizpark, etc... and some furnitures are modelled by me where you can download these on my website www.dartofang.com  I usually save the render without editing the contrast and EV of Corona's ColorMAP, in that way I can easily color correct in Photoshop or AE. Some of the renders have real time DOF and some are just zdepth.

Thanks for looking.
and Many Thanks to Corona Team!!!

exterior shots will be uploaded soon... ^_^
« Last Edit: 2014-09-19, 05:43:50 by cgdigi »

2014-09-19, 11:10:47
Reply #92

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi Peter

excelent work as always :-)

I got two questions:
-Why would you make use of the snipping tool?
Whenever I use different HDRI's for different camera's in my scene I keep the differen't VRAY HDRI maps in Slate and name each according to the camera it will be used for.
But maybe you are talking about individual lights in your scene? In that case I switch them off or on with the help of the lightlister.
And in rear cases, I make use of an excell file with all the info I need per camera. The last is maybe the same as you making use of the snipping tool :-D

-Marvelous Designer:
It looks like a great tool, but I find it rather expensive for the times I will have to use it. Did you buy the perpetual licensce?
Or do you know if they offer any kind of Lite version?

2014-09-19, 12:25:13
Reply #93

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Great work! I really appreciate the amount of work you put into crafting this scene. I particularly like this shot:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1362.0;attach=21018;image
Great lighting and atmosphere, I love the shadows on the floor and subtle reflectivity. Sweet.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-09-22, 13:48:55
Reply #94

dartofang

• Active Users
  • @archviztutorial
    • View Profile
Hi Peter

excelent work as always :-)

I got two questions:
-Why would you make use of the snipping tool?
Whenever I use different HDRI's for different camera's in my scene I keep the differen't VRAY HDRI maps in Slate and name each according to the camera it will be used for.
But maybe you are talking about individual lights in your scene? In that case I switch them off or on with the help of the lightlister.
And in rear cases, I make use of an excell file with all the info I need per camera. The last is maybe the same as you making use of the snipping tool :-D

-Marvelous Designer:
It looks like a great tool, but I find it rather expensive for the times I will have to use it. Did you buy the perpetual licensce?
Or do you know if they offer any kind of Lite version?

Maru-- thanks man :)

Hi Belly- thanks "But maybe you are talking about individual lights in your scene?" yeah you're right ;) I prefer the snip tool more faster and i can see also what camera angle ill be using those settings or hdri  etc..

something like this

2014-09-22, 14:23:05
Reply #95

hrisek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Free 3D Trees, Plants, 2 People
I wan to say big thank You for all Your 3d models which You released for download:) Quality are great, but availabe only for 3d Max 2014. Are You able to save these models in 2012 format too or 2010 for more users? :) Thank You in advance!

2014-09-24, 15:29:22
Reply #96

Caue Rodrigues

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Studio IKI
Hi cgdigi, awesome works man!!

2014-09-24, 18:05:51
Reply #97

dartofang

• Active Users
  • @archviztutorial
    • View Profile
I wan to say big thank You for all Your 3d models which You released for download:) Quality are great, but availabe only for 3d Max 2014. Are You able to save these models in 2012 format too or 2010 for more users? :) Thank You in advance!

Hi hrisek, i will pm you and post here also once ive converted the models to 2010 and obj.

Crawlewis= thanks man, So when are we going to see the car animation.? :P

2014-09-24, 18:17:24
Reply #98

dartofang

• Active Users
  • @archviztutorial
    • View Profile
So here are the night scenes of the exterior project "CORONA HOUSE"

2014-10-01, 14:59:21
Reply #99

dartofang

• Active Users
  • @archviztutorial
    • View Profile
last batch for now.. i will be busy for this month for evermotion challenge ^_^ see you there! -- http://www.evermotion.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?103586-A-Day-with-Summer-by-Peter-Ang
« Last Edit: 2014-10-01, 15:18:01 by cgdigi »

2014-10-01, 17:34:28
Reply #100

Adi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I spent last hour just checking out your website and thread here on forum. Great work , i really like the amount of details you put in your scenes.

May I ask how do you create such nice studio shots ? I like especially the ones with black background.

Keep up the great work , thanks for the free models also!

2014-10-03, 05:18:36
Reply #101

dartofang

• Active Users
  • @archviztutorial
    • View Profile
Hi Adi, thanks for appreciating my work, about the studio shots, i will upload a free scene with the model for you to study on. ;)
usually for the studio shots i use studio hdri, and the background is just a black color material.

2014-10-03, 05:23:28
Reply #102

dartofang

• Active Users
  • @archviztutorial
    • View Profile
forgot to upload this day scene. :P

« Last Edit: 2014-10-03, 05:30:56 by cgdigi »

2014-10-03, 08:53:20
Reply #103

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
Wonderful work cgdigi :) So many details, soft-moody atmosphere, simply amazing. Good luck with the Evermotion challenge, I am sure that you will do great!
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2014-10-03, 09:47:48
Reply #104

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Amount of detail is great! I think first shot has too strong DoF, making it look like a miniature. And you could perhaps try a view with some lower sun angle. Now, there feels to be strong imbalance between light and shadow, too much light and too little shadow :)