Author Topic: switch license  (Read 2199 times)

2015-03-23, 11:35:41

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Hi all,
I have a box license in my office computer, but it is bought without subscription. now I already have an 1 year SaaS license, and I think i need to work the jobs with SaaS but in the sametime i don't want to remove the box license because the Box license is belong to company i work for and the SaaS is personally mine.. so, is it possible to trick this case?

2015-03-23, 12:02:07
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
well.. the licensing system won't mind if you repeatedly remove one license and activate the other one (because it is the same computer with same windows installation). So you can do this. Or you could create separate user accounts on the computer, and one activate with FairSaaS and the other one with box, because (currently) the activations are stored per-user. Then you would just log off from one account and log in to the other one.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-03-24, 02:57:12
Reply #2

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
thank you Ondra. i will replace box with SaaS license but if I want to activate the box license again in the future (still in the same computer), will i have to insert the password again? because i don't have it and it isn't possible to create another account in my office computer because of the procedure.
and the second case, i will use the SaaS license in my office computer then in evening i will use it again in my home personal computer for freelance jobs. would you like to explain the step by step how to do that? because it will be my habit, and i want to make sure that it is possible to do daily.
sorry i still a little bit confuse about how floating license work.. but if there was a thread that explain this clearly, let me know. :)

Thanx!

2015-03-24, 09:34:58
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
thank you Ondra. i will replace box with SaaS license but if I want to activate the box license again in the future (still in the same computer), will i have to insert the password again? because i don't have it and it isn't possible to create another account in my office computer because of the procedure.
and the second case, i will use the SaaS license in my office computer then in evening i will use it again in my home personal computer for freelance jobs. would you like to explain the step by step how to do that? because it will be my habit, and i want to make sure that it is possible to do daily.
sorry i still a little bit confuse about how floating license work.. but if there was a thread that explain this clearly, let me know. :)

Thanx!

To reactivate different license, you will have to input serial or username again.

using floating license is simple: just input your login at multiple computers, and if you use only one at a time, it will just work.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-03-25, 02:19:54
Reply #4

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
cool, thanx very much Ondra. lets ride thisss!! :D