Author Topic: perf.  (Read 2457 times)

2014-10-29, 14:57:19

sngan

• Users
    • View Profile
Hallo, i am currently comparing diff. pt in terms of perf. for different scenes.
it seems to me that corona is pretty slow (compared to f.e. octane/iray etc.).
are there any tricks to speed it up ?
all parameters/settings are simple to understand.

2014-10-29, 15:34:03
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Can you post your comparisons ? It might start shitstorm but it's always fun :- )

I could believe you're able to get faster results with Octane if you have (few) fast GPUs, but iRay ? The slowest engine of the planet ?
When I and friend (Lasse Rode) did comparisons, iRay came extremely slow. To me it was far slower than Maxwell in CPU mode. GPU mode could not salvage it.
The only studio I know who use it in production (Delta tracing) claim rendering time for hi-res finals to be few hours using 6+(!!) Teslas20xx, so like 580GTX in performance regard or something close to that. That's not what I would call fast...
But I like the results.

What's different "pt" method ? What and why are you changing ?

Tricks...there are no tricks, that's the benefit of Corona, there are no secret settings you need to discover. Just abide to proper rules that are renderer-agnostic.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-10-29, 15:47:55
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The only "tricks" I can think of are light portals and proper albedo. Maybe Corona isn't "the fastest" but I think it's one of the best in terms of speed/quality ratio.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-10-29, 16:07:20
Reply #3

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Agree, post some comparison samples here so we all can check them, also post your computer specs where you are doing the tests, beucase you may have great results with Octane if you use two GTX580 in a i7-920, but the same scene in the same pc with corona could be SLOOOOOW.

So what are your specs and scenes?

Cheers

2014-11-07, 09:35:33
Reply #4

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Tricks...there are no tricks, that's the benefit of Corona, there are no secret settings you need to discover. Just abide to proper rules that are renderer-agnostic.

Big Agree with you Juraj, thats why Corona seems so shiny to me!!
Sngan, Speed is a conditional reference, when or how we need the production quality. just like maru said.
It's much better if you share the result pics. So, many of expert here that can help you review this case.