Author Topic: system is running low on ram  (Read 3021 times)

2019-03-20, 15:25:51

yossioren113

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, I am a newbie in corona and a couple of scenes I get this message but I don't have any ram problems, what can cause the problems? I want to render in the resolution
Screen Shot Attached

2019-03-20, 15:32:48
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You are showing free space on your hard drive, which is not what the message refers to :) It refers to how much RAM you have, which is 64 GB, and your scene requires 76 GB. That is a very large scene - you can optimize by looking at the breakdown, for example 13.5GB are textures, so perhaps there are some very large resolution textures in use that don't occupy much space in the final render and lower resolution will work. The "Learn more" link there should also take you to a guide on things to consider when you run out of memory (https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000675854-system-is-running-low-on-ram-you-may-experience-excessive-parsing-times-and-or-crashes-you-will-pro)

It does look like a very heavy scene. Simplifying geometry, reducing number of objects, reducing the render elements (especially number of LightSelects) can all help too. The only other option is to upgrade the system to have more RAM.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-03-23, 14:45:22
Reply #2

yossioren113

• Active Users
    • View Profile