Author Topic: Aligning a Target Reticle Plane Towards Pflow Particles in 360 Panorama  (Read 932 times)

2021-04-10, 10:53:16

Byteman3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As you might have guessed, I need to align a target reticle plane one by one to a number of particles.

I moved the pivot of the reticle plane to the exact same position of my 360 degree panoramic camera. Assigned a look at controller to the plane with appropriate settings to look towards a SDeflector.

I moved the deflector one by one to each individual particle. I thought this would do the trick but particle positions change during rendering and I can't achieve targetting effect.

I know this may be due to several reasons related to the particle settings, but I did the alignment by moving the deflector into each particle, viewport displays %100 of particles.
I have attached the scene file, too.

Can you please help?

2021-04-12, 14:36:34
Reply #1

Byteman3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Problem solved by using a Cache Disk operator. With the particles in the viewports got cached, their coordinates during rendering does not change anymore, for whatever reason they had been changing. This seems not an issue with Panorama camera, aspect etc.

Edit: The problem was the Integration Step parameter of the particles. Frame for viewport and Half Frame for rendering.
« Last Edit: 2021-04-14, 12:01:46 by Byteman3D »