Author Topic: All viewport mode interactive rendering feature requests  (Read 59797 times)

2018-07-13, 18:22:21
Reply #15

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Agreed! That is annoying. "Click to start" is also cumbersome IMHO.

2018-07-16, 12:10:57
Reply #16

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Is there a way to make the IR in viewport automatically adjust ratio to fit the view?
Unless I missed something that would be my feature request: Fit ratio to viewport ratio, for a nice quad view experience during the shading phase.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2018-07-16, 13:26:34
Reply #17

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is there a way to make the IR in viewport automatically adjust ratio to fit the view?
Unless I missed something that would be my feature request: Fit ratio to viewport ratio, for a nice quad view experience during the shading phase.
Ratio of the image rendered with IR is based on the render output settings. So basically you would like to unlock it, and have the IR fill the whole space inside the viewport? That might show different thing than the camera sees.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-07-16, 13:42:14
Reply #18

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Ratio of the image rendered with IR is based on the render output settings.
I know that, but it's really nice to have a filled quad view, instead of a cut rectangle. Really just a minor Quality of life improvement.
edit:
or rather Fit ratio to Viewport during Perspective and Orthographic view, and force to output ratio when looking through a camera.
That might show different thing than the camera sees.
Yeah, obviously it will ruin any composition attempt. But that's why it should be optional, just to make for a nice shading workflow.
See Image attachment. Fill Viewport for shading, Real output ratio for composition.

I guess it is a bit nonsense in the ArchViz context, but these days I'm doing mostly CAD stuff, so it's nice to have a viewport that show's me as much as possible.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-16, 13:47:02 by SairesArt »
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2018-07-16, 14:16:07
Reply #19

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Usually i adjust viewport itself to match render ratio. As a bonus, that also slightly increases size of 2 other viewports.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-08-22, 23:04:32
Reply #20

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
Being able to cycle through the render elements in the interactive IR viewport would be really helpful.

I always find myself needing to stop the viewport IR and launch IR in the VFB just to see what's going on in the reflection pass.

2018-08-23, 00:52:20
Reply #21

Crazy Homeless Guy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I have a question...  Why do some prefer to use the viewport IR?   Is there an advantage?  I have always found the floating window to be more powerful and more flexible as I can simply move it to my second monitor without the need to sacrifice the windows of my modeling space.  Is it anything more than personal preference?

2018-08-28, 23:06:16
Reply #23

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
@Crazy Homeless Guy, for me it's because the less distance my eyes have to dart back and forth between the viewport and the IR the better. Once I get the look of the shot or material dialed in I switch to the VFB IR maximized on my second monitor.

What would be sweet is if you could navigate with your mouse inside the interactive viewport. Or is this a thing and I don't know about it? (!)

2018-08-31, 10:30:08
Reply #24

dftr

• Users
    • View Profile
Guys, if may I.. Fit render resolution as Vray has in interactive. Thats amazing to work in 6k with no stress

2018-08-31, 21:13:59
Reply #25

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
I like the multiple region thing, but how about the 'mouse brush region' that vray has. That was always kinda nice to have when needing to checkout how little refractions and such are behaving.

2019-01-09, 22:54:28
Reply #26

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
Someway to input the pixel dimensions of the VFB. Or anything to be able to A/B a render in the history that is greyed out with "Size Mismatch". I fight with this every single day.

2019-01-10, 13:34:03
Reply #27

bcgi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can we have a "solo" button in lightmix if it's not too difficult to implement? You can easily isolate lights or light groups with it. I like to set up my lights one by one and ATM I have to turn on and off my lights all the time.

2019-01-14, 12:18:13
Reply #28

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Can we have a "solo" button in lightmix if it's not too difficult to implement? You can easily isolate lights or light groups with it. I like to set up my lights one by one and ATM I have to turn on and off my lights all the time.
Not sure if I understood this correctly, but now you can toggle all lights off with a single click ("Toggle all"), and then tick only the single light that you wish to see. Then repeat for the next light.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-01-15, 12:22:28
Reply #29

bcgi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, the "solo" button should do the same just in one round, you don't have to click twice and if not all of your lights are turned on in lightmix you have to keep in mind which ones to turn back on again, the solo button should remember the previous set of turned on/off lights. After you have finished the adjustment of the isolated lights and you turn off solo mode it should go back to the original state.  So it's nothing special. I have seen that kind of solo button in some other engines as far as I remember they have that in Octane and Maxwell, but I am not sure.