Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 209693 times)

2017-09-06, 09:09:47
Reply #450

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it the latest beta daily built working with the latest R19 c4d studio osx??

i'd like to test it with the new c4d version...

2017-09-06, 09:13:14
Reply #451

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi All,

I am a mac user and have been testing daily builds every time they come out and have to keep reverting to the Alpha version that is on the downloads page of the main site. I understand that these versions may be unstable. Are any other mac users having similar problems?

I am keeping displacement off on all materials but I do use lightmix.

Phil

i'm a mac users and I'm still using the a6.1 version cause i find it more stable than other.. so it still have the normal bump problem, and now i'd like to procede in this way:
- using the latest a6.4 alpha version that you mention with r17 for doing the actual project
- testing the latest daily beta built with the latest c4d r19 version but i'd like to know if the daily built are compatible with r19 c4d..

thanks

2017-09-06, 09:49:38
Reply #452

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile

i'm a mac users and I'm still using the a6.1 version cause i find it more stable than other.. so it still have the normal bump problem, and now i'd like to procede in this way:
- using the latest a6.4 alpha version that you mention with r17 for doing the actual project
- testing the latest daily beta built with the latest c4d r19 version but i'd like to know if the daily built are compatible with r19 c4d..

thanks

That is pretty much how I am working, would be good to get a more stable version that has the normal/bump problem solved.

2017-09-06, 10:12:09
Reply #453

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile

thanks

in the alpha a6.4 the normal bump is solved... as someone told me they works in the same way of the beta daily built...

That is pretty much how I am working, would be good to get a more stable version that has the normal/bump problem solved.

do you know if the latest daily built or the alpha 6.4 is compatible with R19 c4d ??

2017-09-06, 10:56:18
Reply #454

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi All,

I am a mac user and have been testing daily builds every time they come out and have to keep reverting to the Alpha version that is on the downloads page of the main site. I understand that these versions may be unstable. Are any other mac users having similar problems?

Phil

Mixed user here. Love working on mac and it crashes with large scenes (typically when trying to move camera), but ONLY occasionally whereas with the same scene Win machine does not. I do think it has something to do with the fact the scene is large and Mac machine has 16 Gb of RAM, whereas win machine has 64. When working on smaller scenes I don't have such problems with Corona. Pretty stable so far (except for few known issues). Worth mentioning I'm still on 10.11.6. Have had problems with Sierra, so I'll stay with El Crap for the time being (or until I switch completely to win machines - a lot of field work - waiting to see whether good win laptops with latest AMD (perhaps threadripper) or latest core i9 mobile versions will appear - which may never happen due to the power consumption of such beasts).
Hi,

I am sorry for the crashes but to be able to fix them we must reproduce the problem. I will try to create a scene with a lot of geometry, materials and lights (it does not have to be a meaningful scene only the count of objects matters) and I will try to reproduce it. Could I ask you to do the same to see if you can reliably reproduce the crash? Thank You

Nikola

2017-09-06, 11:01:30
Reply #455

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I am sorry for the crashes but to be able to fix them we must reproduce the problem. I will try to create a scene with a lot of geometry, materials and lights (it does not have to be a meaningful scene only the count of objects matters) and I will try to reproduce it. Could I ask you to do the same to see if you can reliably reproduce the crash? Thank You

Nikola

hi nicola, what about the compatibility of A6.4 and the daily beta built with c4d R19 ???

2017-09-06, 11:04:55
Reply #456

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

thanks

in the alpha a6.4 the normal bump is solved... as someone told me they works in the same way of the beta daily built...

do you know if the latest daily built or the alpha 6.4 is compatible with R19 c4d ??
Hi walterfog,

Yes it is compatible, please see the changelog https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=15602.msg108734#msg108734. Normal mapping and bump mapping works in Alpha and Beta in the same way and we think that Normal mapping works correctly. Bump mapping is now discussed in separate topic https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=17216.0 and if you believe that normal mapping doesn't work correctly could I ask you to create a new separate topic also for normal mapping problem with examples what is your expectation how the normal mapping should work? Thank you

Nikola

2017-09-06, 11:34:14
Reply #457

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi walterfog,

Yes it is compatible, please see the changelog https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=15602.msg108734#msg108734. Normal mapping and bump mapping works in Alpha and Beta in the same way and we think that Normal mapping works correctly. Bump mapping is now discussed in separate topic https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=17216.0 and if you believe that normal mapping doesn't work correctly could I ask you to create a new separate topic also for normal mapping problem with examples what is your expectation how the normal mapping should work? Thank you

Nikola

hi nikola... thanks for your reply... i believe that normal and bump maps works fine... but I don't test it yet cause first i would like to know if latest alpha and ultimate dally built beta are compatible with c4d r19... now after your reply I could try to test it... thanks again... walter

2017-09-07, 07:13:01
Reply #458

nesha_2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi All,

Phil

Mixed user here. Love working on mac and it crashes with large scenes (typically when trying to move camera), but ONLY occasionally whereas with the same scene Win machine does not. I do think it has something to do with the fact the scene is large and Mac machine has 16 Gb of RAM, whereas win machine has 64. When working on smaller scenes I don't have such problems with Corona. Pretty stable so far (except for few known issues). Worth mentioning I'm still on 10.11.6. Have had problems with Sierra, so I'll stay with El Crap for the time being (or until I switch completely to win machines - a lot of field work - waiting to see whether good win laptops with latest AMD (perhaps threadripper) or latest core i9 mobile versions will appear - which may never happen due to the power consumption of such beasts).
Hi,

Nikola

It is OK, no need to be sorry. You're doing great so far. I cannot reproduce crashes reliably myself, unfortunately. For example, the scene I was working on yesterday was a massive one - not a single crash. So go figure. Could be that the new daily build fixed something or it just decided not to crash on me. Btw, while working on that same massive scene I noticed that Region render doesn't work properly or at least, the way it worked before. Now when starting render and marking render region, it doesn't start to render just that region but keeps rendering the whole thing. I have to restart render for render region to have effect. Conversely, when disabling/removing render region while rendering, whole scene doesn't start to render, it keeps rendering just the render region. Hope this won't be the way it is going to work from now on, because for big scenes it does matter it to behave as before. Thanks.
P.S. It is a real pity shadow catcher is not implemented yet. Include/Exclude tab in the light material is not functional yet?
« Last Edit: 2017-09-07, 09:18:42 by nesha_2 »

2017-09-07, 12:24:03
Reply #459

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Hi Nikola,

Beta one is in testing, any idea when "Shadow Catcher" is going to be added...?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-09, 11:34:38 by iacdxb »
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2017-09-08, 11:40:13
Reply #460

MarcoB

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi all, doing some test with the latest build and Cinema R19. There's a problem with the render region in VFB: it doesn't work, the rendering process ignores the region.

2017-09-08, 11:51:10
Reply #461

nesha_2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all, doing some test with the latest build and Cinema R19. There's a problem with the render region in VFB: it doesn't work, the rendering process ignores the region.

Hi, read what I wrote above (second post above). Perhaps you need to restart the render.

2017-09-11, 10:13:57
Reply #462

MarcoB

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Nesha, I'll try that way.

2017-09-11, 11:39:18
Reply #463

Kost4d

• Active Users
  • Working and Learning Hard
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio

Works fine on r18

2017-09-11, 17:49:16
Reply #464

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile

and if you believe that normal mapping doesn't work correctly could I ask you to create a new separate topic also for normal mapping problem with examples what is your expectation how the normal mapping should work? Thank you

Nikola

hi niKola,
I made some test with normal map in the last daily beta built, and as you ask me I opened this thread to discuss the results:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=17406.0

in my opinion normal map, with shader corona normal, still have serious problem and don't work in the right way. take a look and let me know you opinion. I attach the JPG results in highres and also the scene with the normal I used.
best
walter