Author Topic: Bloom and Glare in Reflections  (Read 3998 times)

2019-06-25, 21:05:54

atoneontail

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Was wondering if anyone had any tips to color match, or give the refections more bloom to match the source better.. Examples below

This light objects in the scene are Corona Light Material. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

B

2019-06-27, 14:46:35
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Bloom and Glare is a 2D effect applied based on the pixel (which matches reality, as bloom and glare happen at the lens, not out in the 3D world, and are based on how much light is coming in through the lens at that point). In order to have the same bloom and glare in the reflections, the reflections must have the same brightness (in full HDR range) as the pixel for the original "viewed directly" part has.

If you wanted to "cheat" you could just save two configurations with different amounts of bloom and glare, and mask between the two in post.

EDIT - as it stands, your image is physically correct, the less intense reflections have less intense bloom and glare, as they are less bright passing into the lens.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-07-04, 17:57:07
Reply #2

atoneontail

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for the explanation TomG! And thanks for the cheating tip. I am def gonna try that out for fun, but also at the same time, feeling very satisfied knowing this is physically correct.

Don't know if I have ever had the change to thank a team member for Corona yet, so Thank YOU! It has opened up a world of possibilities and idea for me, so I am forever grateful!

<3

2019-07-08, 15:52:14
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You are welcome! (Sorry for delay in replying, was out on vacation last week :) )
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us