Author Topic: Casa Spodsbjerg  (Read 42052 times)

2014-11-13, 22:11:23
Reply #15

LKEdesign

• Active Users
  • I'm addicted to Corona Render and I need NO cure.
    • View Profile
    • LKE Design Web-site
Very nice! You are very close to photo realism  and matching the original photos. However ....
I don't know how keen you are on matching the original. If yes, I have some few remarks...

Floor
The floor is douglas wood (from Dinesen Floors dinesen.com ) - and not oak as you have made.
The gab between floor boards in the length direction as far too wide - they are almost invisible.
The floor boards are much longer (Dinesen can provide Douglas floorboards upto 15 m) - and the unlucky placement of gab just next to the kitchen table really hurts  my eyes.

The kitchen table
The kitchen table and cabinet sides and tops are douglas floorboards as well - and not concrete. The sides are much thinner (the thickness of a floorboard)  than you have made
All the best,
LKE Design
See my work at: http://www.lkedesign.dk/en/portfolio_en.html

2014-11-13, 23:36:10
Reply #16

Lucas3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Visual Workshop3D
Thanks 3dwannab! As for the settings and ect. I will prepare something like a making after I finish this project.

LKEdesign : Great find ! What I was trying to make here was something more like "bauwerk-parkett" and I've redesigned the kitchen a bit just to try out some concrete settings. Generally speaking this is a "corona in production" kinda project. But I really appreciate your findings, I will use the floor on other occasion for sure :)
I saw this table in Depot here in my Town and found it quite nice so I've checked how it is going to look like here. I'm not going for 100% in this case, I want to use some of the renders for a furniture showcase of my models. So that is the aim right now.
Thanks!

RolandB : Thank you ! hehe I've took the advice from Juraj and adjusted it a bit ;)
VW3d.pl

2014-11-18, 13:12:57
Reply #17

thefourthwall

• Active Users
    • View Profile
These images are in a high level of photorealism showing in a very attractive way the power of Corona's natural lighting. Texturing is far from calling it "lazy" except from the thin wooden boards as Ronald said. Maybe leather sofa and fabric need some tiny adjustments. Overall this is a very convincing output and sure I am waiting for that making of.

Regards
Tolis

2014-11-18, 13:41:20
Reply #18

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Texturing is far from calling it "lazy" except from the thin wooden boards as Ronald said. Maybe leather sofa and fabric need some tiny adjustments.

He already uploaded improved versions since, which are much better.

Still, simple tiling maps are lazy if they don't cater to necessary high frequency detail, if that's enough for you, it's testament of super low standards of archviz, but not disproving my point.
Don't be comformist. Look at the photo and compared them yourself, you don't need tutorial how to remake a space from photo, it's called observation. Find your own.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-11-18, 13:51:45
Reply #19

Lucas3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Visual Workshop3D
Thanks for judging my work as "super low standard" Juraj.
Hope some day I will be able to get to the "standard" level.

VW3d.pl

2014-11-18, 13:54:30
Reply #20

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Thanks for judging my work as "super low standard" Juraj.
Hope some day I will be able to get to the "standard" level.

Your work is very good :- ) Otherwise I would never bother to give you advice on improvement.

What I dislike, if is someone takes aways critique, and say it doesn't apply or is already good enough. I called his standards low. Reading comprehension, don't get emotional, I dislike it and will ignore your thread next time.
Then you can stay at whatever level you feel comfortable, without any improvement. Why, if it's ok for some ? Why be better... ? Who needs to be ? This is why I hate these threads, I am out.

Btw, I do not think of my work very high. I am constantly very unhappy about it. While I often don't care about opinions on forums much (because I don't think high of others much, people here often write the stupidest stuff ever), I judge myself quite harshly,
and I am almost always willing to start over from beginning. I am willing to live with mistakes ( I never work on projects until they're even semi-perfect), but I know and always acknowledge them.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-18, 14:02:33 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2014-11-18, 14:22:16
Reply #21

Lucas3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Visual Workshop3D
I'm harsh too regarding my work so I do understand what you were trying to say.
The problem is where to say "ok I have to stop now, because I will never get this finished" :D
But yea... steps need to be taken in order to get o a higher level.
Hope I will learn from this and next pictures will be better.

Me too but I got a bit sad when you wrote about those low standards lol
Mistakes are the very best things that happen to you, without them there is no progress (aka I'm so pissed of right now, the next one will be better! I swear!) :D

Ok getting back to the exterior shot!
VW3d.pl

2014-11-18, 15:05:41
Reply #22

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We all learn from your "mistakes" thanks for sharing!:
Its important to think crap about our own work it seems. That helps improving.
As proof i recall some letters from Disney's people i read long time ago.
http://theanimatorlettersproject.com/category/walt-disney-animation-studios/
« Last Edit: 2014-11-18, 15:15:36 by borisquezadaa »
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2014-11-18, 15:12:43
Reply #23

thefourthwall

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What I dislike, if is someone takes aways critique, and say it doesn't apply or is already good enough. I called his standards low. Reading comprehension, don't get emotional, I dislike it and will ignore your thread next time.
Then you can stay at whatever level you feel comfortable, without any improvement. Why, if it's ok for some ? Why be better... ? Who needs to be ? This is why I hate these threads, I am out.
Btw, I do not think of my work very high. I am constantly very unhappy about it. While I often don't care about opinions on forums much (because I don't think high of others much, people here often write the stupidest stuff ever), I judge myself quite harshly,
and I am almost always willing to start over from beginning. I am willing to live with mistakes ( I never work on projects until they're even semi-perfect), but I know and always acknowledge them.

You know I am an architect for 15 years and I love architectural visualizations from the time I got my first pc. I have also a sick fetish about photorealism and a true respect for very few cg artists who deserve to call their works "photorealistic". It happens to follow your work for a long time from other forums (Ronen's etc) and I have to say that you are a talented cg artist but you were also a low profile guy.
Your style to critisize other people's work changed a lot and shows that you consider yourself a master. Semi-perfect work? Hmmm... Let me tell you my point of view about your work. The artistic look you have seems to me overbright-not natural at all. And from your last works I see details not worked very well (bed linen, not natural background etc). I expect this kind of excessed critisism from huge cg masters like Bertnard and Alex Roman and not from an artist who doesnt recognize his own work mistakes.

As I said Lucas made some very descent work and needs to hear positive critisism like other forum members did, so all of us should help him to push the limits and not dissapoint him with negative thoughts.
I am so sorry for the offtopic, but I had to get it out of my chest.

Regards
Tolis
« Last Edit: 2014-11-18, 15:16:11 by thefourthwall »

2014-11-18, 16:44:38
Reply #24

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

You know I am an architect for 15 years and I love architectural visualizations from the time I got my first pc. I have also a sick fetish about photorealism and a true respect for very few cg artists who deserve to call their works "photorealistic". It happens to follow your work for a long time from other forums (Ronen's etc) and I have to say that you are a talented cg artist but you were also a low profile guy.
Your style to critisize other people's work changed a lot and shows that you consider yourself a master. Semi-perfect work? Hmmm... Let me tell you my point of view about your work. The artistic look you have seems to me overbright-not natural at all. And from your last works I see details not worked very well (bed linen, not natural background etc). I expect this kind of excessed critisism from huge cg masters like Bertnard and Alex Roman and not from an artist who doesnt recognize his own work mistakes.

As I said Lucas made some very descent work and needs to hear positive critisism like other forum members did, so all of us should help him to push the limits and not dissapoint him with negative thoughts.
I am so sorry for the offtopic, but I had to get it out of my chest.

Regards
Tolis

You misquote me quite a much as well. I stated I don't even try to achieve semi-perfect (for lack of better word) because I can't and it's not in my power. Meaning I do really consider my work to be very average.
But my own work, has nothing to do with my possibility to give critique.

Also, no one is talking about style, just purely technical shortcomings. If the work tries to be realistic, than poor texturing takes it down. It's very easy to correct, and I gave him than critique because I thought he it would really help him a lot,
since that's really the only thing the pictures were missing.

I was never a low-profile guy, I am very intense guy and if you would have followed me from 2009 when I entered cgarchitect community, you would know I never sugarcoat my words, and I don't care about other people's emotions and feeling.
I don't try to be nice, I try to be helpful. If someone cannot read through that, because he gets offended, than I am sorry, but that is purely his fault. But I am tired of all the super-over-sensitive people. If all of you have been in bussiness for 15 years.
and some harsh testament on internet raffles your feathers, that's not my fault and neither intention. Internet and professional community is not kindergarten, it's place to exchange opinions in civilized manner, but that's it.

Don't project your insecurities onto my profile. My persona and my work, has no connection to my opinions. Keep same distance to yourself and talk on topic, not ad hominem.

And btw, if you would properly read my first post, you would actually know I started with compliment on very good lighting and then gave him critique on shortcomings. But yes, please continue with emotions so you can get it "off your chest".
And also feel free to write childish posts where you feel the need to concentrate on me, instead of what I said. I am glad you don't think I am master like Bertrand and A.Roman, neither do I think so I. Pretty obvious but I guess you have issue with me.

I hope you feel better now.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-18, 16:50:08 by Juraj_Talcik »

2014-11-18, 16:51:04
Reply #25

fabioazevedo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I agree with you regarding the few artists that can call their works "photorealistic" - sometimes not even Bertrand really makes it - but i got to defend Juraj on this one, as he would be the first one to say (he did in fact) that his work is not perfect or "not very high" to use his words (which by the way i disagree).
Regardless of that, he is right to say that standards in arch viz are generally low (you would agree as yours apparently isn't), and doesn't really need to present "perfect" work to be able to criticise other's, specially if it allows them to improve as was the case here. Actually your previous comment on the photorealism of this work wouldn't probably be exactly that, if it wasn't for initial critique.

As for Lucas work, I commend him on his great lighting which is definitely very good and natural.
Some of the texturing and shading work can still be improved, specially the concrete in my opinion, but no one here thinks it's "low standards". It is low standards to call it photorealistic in an absolute way, but the work is quite good.

I'm also just an interested architect and by no means a cg-artist.

2014-11-18, 16:55:13
Reply #26

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I'm harsh too regarding my work so I do understand what you were trying to say.
The problem is where to say "ok I have to stop now, because I will never get this finished" :D

Once again. I think your work here is very good.

I also don't believe in correcting things, forever. It's something to simply mind next time.
When I gave you critique, you were still in-the process (you even asked the Mods to move it to WIP)  hence it felt appropriate to push you slightly to next level, because with little effort, you still could.

Low-standards, have nothing to do with you. It has to do with apologetic statement of another professional who felt the need to contradict my critique as unecesserary as he probably felt
it wasn't positive enough and justified to come from such nobody as me. I will make sure next time it's only Alex Roman who can write such critique, because I shown huge lack of self-reflection on my part,
and I apologize for such pathetic effort.

If anyone ever wondered why I ignore critique questions (which I get tons of weekly), now you know. It's not worth it. I am done with it.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-18, 17:17:26 by Juraj_Talcik »

2014-11-18, 17:17:59
Reply #27

Lucas3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Visual Workshop3D
When I gave you critique, you were still in-the process hence it felt appropriate to push you slightly to next level, because with little effort, you still could.
You just did Juraj. We need to motivate each other.

Lets not get carried away and focus on what is important people ! Creating better work that is.
I really like to know what you've got to say about the exterior shot I'm working on, I do finishing touches to it. Hope to get it done Today.

I was never a low-profile guy, I am very intense guy and if you would have followed me from 2009 when I entered cgarchitect community, you would know I never sugarcoat my words, and I don't care about other people's emotions and feeling.
I just imagined you as the guy screaming at the poor birdy from Two Stupid dogs haha

hooowww cute... BUT IS WROOONG !

VW3d.pl

2014-11-18, 17:18:37
Reply #28

Lucas3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Visual Workshop3D
Oh and thank you guys for the comments !
Please, once again, lets focus on the subject :D
VW3d.pl

2014-11-18, 19:57:29
Reply #29

thefourthwall

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I know this is pointeless but I have to answer.

Juraj, I made you on purpose a negative critique and you come back to me  with a book of insults and irony. "Don't project your insecurities ", "feel free to write childish posts" , "Pretty obvious but I guess you have issue with me"...but as you said "Reading comprehension, don't get emotional.."

When you call someone "lazy" you dont give him any chance to improve. You insult him. You insult his time that he spents, his effort, everything. It's a whole different meaning to say "lazy texturing" (with a smile at the end- really this not childish when you want to play it solemn uh?) and different to say "if you improve your textures here and there your work will achieve the highest level". I dont know you in person but I suspect that you teach (I saw some nifty video tutorials) probably youngers than you, so you should be very, very very carefull about the way you express your critiques and the words you use. It is very sad to read "I don't care about other people's emotions and feeling.". Cg is Art and Art has to deal with feelings.
I agree that Corona forum as the other forums are places to exchange opinions as far as we are not playing the teacher or the cg industry pundits. If you are a true master, your work will speak for you.

I called you "low profile guy" because I can recall in my memory some of your old forum answers which were very polite after hard critiques. Dont be insulted, it's a compliment.

Fabioazevedo, I agree with you that you don't have to present a"perfect" work to be able to criticize other's but Ι can't criticize your bad lighting setup when in an another thread of mine my texturing sucks.

Once again I apologize to Lucas about the offtopic.
From my side this stops here.

Regards
Tolis