11 (1.9%)
Exporter Blender -> Corona standalone
112 (19.2%)
Maya
67 (11.5%)
Houdini
78 (13.4%)

Total Members Voted: 578

Author Topic: Which 3D soft to integrate into next?  (Read 305129 times)

2014-09-25, 23:38:41
Reply #120

Wickedpup

• Users
    • View Profile
i think Corona has few contenders there and would sell surprisingly well.
With Kray, Octane, Maxwell in addition to Arnold and Renderman soon available for LW I think you have fewer contenders on the Modo side IMO (Octane, Maxwell and Vray) And I believe, a larger user base....
« Last Edit: 2014-09-25, 23:47:55 by Wickedpup »

2014-09-26, 00:01:01
Reply #121

Pavlov

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
i have Kray and Maxwell, yet i would buy corona.
Corona is very targeted to archviz, as said most engines for Lw are aimed to animation more than architecture.
Octane is good but being GPU is on another league, many want to stay CPU for a lot of reasons. Kray is in a slow development phase and even if it's a good engine, it's a niche tool.
Maxwell is useable in production only if you have big farms (we have 200 ghz farm but it's not enough for our production times), so we nearly dismissed it.

In LW arena we need standards and Corona seems to be able to become a new Vray, given it's absolutely top-notch kernels (better than Vray ones and the state of art in GI solutions).
I know LW arena very in depth, being a long date user and leading a viz firm for 20 years, i know corona would fill a gap here. Finding people with a know-how will be easier, instead of having to teach them LW rendering, and that's a majr point. There's a huge discussion about the need for standards in LW userbase.
Also, as said Lw lacks *the* standard - Vray - which makes Corona so interesting for most, if not all, professional LW users around.

Best,
Paolo

2014-09-26, 09:29:32
Reply #122

happymilk

• Users
    • View Profile
I'm a LW user
I bought kray and recently octane.
LW has not Vray and development of Kray proceeds too slowly.
Octane is great but GPU technology has yet to be developed.
If you will produce a plugin for Lightwave'll be seriously interested to purchase.
thanks

2014-09-26, 09:31:11
Reply #123

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I'm a LW user
I bought kray and recently octane.
LW has not Vray and development of Kray proceeds too slowly.
Octane is great but GPU technology has yet to be developed.
If you will produce a plugin for Lightwave'll be seriously interested to purchase.
thanks

If all LW users have this awesome nicknames, then i think we should do LW integration next! :D

2014-09-26, 11:13:28
Reply #124

Wickedpup

• Users
    • View Profile
No surprise there´s no V-Ray since in every V-Ray discussion over at the NT forums there are LW users stating that they don´t need it.....  ;-p
« Last Edit: 2014-09-26, 11:21:32 by Wickedpup »

2014-09-26, 12:06:05
Reply #125

happymilk

• Users
    • View Profile
No surprise there´s no V-Ray since in every V-Ray discussion over at the NT forums there are LW users stating that they don´t need it.....  ;-p

it is true. They said the same thing about Octane. Then we all bought it :)

2014-09-26, 12:24:23
Reply #126

happymilk

• Users
    • View Profile
If all LW users have this awesome nicknames, then i think we should do LW integration next! :D

eheheheh...
if you develop a plugin for lightwave I also include the little hearts in my nickname :P

2014-09-26, 15:36:51
Reply #127

patilrahul1988

• Active Users
    • View Profile
plz make modo version ........we want photorealistic & fast results for Archviz.

2014-09-27, 13:27:08
Reply #128

motionman

• Users
    • View Profile
And I believe, a larger user base....

You're dreaming. Neither of the two have a userbase in the 10000 globally.
And after the Foundry raises the price of modo in version 10, which they will do to align with their other products, the cheap users who came from lightwave will run back to it.

2014-09-27, 18:19:53
Reply #129

Wickedpup

• Users
    • View Profile
LOL. And I am the one that is supposed to be dreaming here? If your "dream" should come true, I doubt they would run back to LW....Blender is a more likely option IMO.
And unless you have the actual numbers of users you're just making assumptions like me, only difference being that I know I was making one....note the use of "I believe"....
« Last Edit: 2014-09-28, 01:30:14 by Wickedpup »

2014-09-27, 19:56:25
Reply #130

Moose_Head!

• Users
    • View Profile
I went to the supermarket earlier, I was in the spread aisle and for a moment I thought I saw a tub of "I can't believe it's not Phungus!"

So the LightWave users didn't feel they needed V-Ray nor Octane but are interested in Corona, excellent taste in renderers you see.

2014-09-27, 20:56:47
Reply #131

Wickedpup

• Users
    • View Profile
Who claimed LW users said they didn't need Octane? Only you as far as I can see.....

2014-09-27, 21:25:15
Reply #132

Moose_Head!

• Users
    • View Profile
Who claimed LW users said they didn't need Octane? Only you as far as I can see.....

They said the same thing about Octane.

happymilk did, and far from being a troll with a LightWave obsession, he/she seems to like it and wants to see Corona for it. And as mentioned, even then they saw the light and embraced the Octane goodness.

2014-09-28, 00:25:31
Reply #133

Wickedpup

• Users
    • View Profile
I can't remember Octane meeting the same "resistance" (if we can call it that) as V-Ray in the NT forums, quite the oposite actually (which I found to be a bit funny). Bought the plugin for LW myself, so Corona in Modo would be of more use to me.
And you are better off looking for LW obsessions in the Newtek forums :-)
« Last Edit: 2014-09-28, 01:41:52 by Wickedpup »

2014-09-28, 08:32:28
Reply #134

motionman

• Users
    • View Profile
LOL. And I am the one that is supposed to be dreaming here? If your "dream" should come true, I doubt they would run back to LW....Blender is a more likely option IMO.
And unless you have the actual numbers of users you're just making assumptions like me, only difference being that I know I was making one....note the use of "I believe"....

When you say you believe, its not an sssumption. You have accepted it as the truth. Are you a native english speaker?
I have the actual numbers of cinema4d and by extrapolation both lightwave and modo can't be more than c4d users. 10000 user per  app is already a stretch.
Yeah sure they could run to blender since these modo users were cheap in the first place they could go that route if they can take blenders logic.