Author Topic: First test renders on Sketchup  (Read 127428 times)

2016-04-21, 02:50:34
Reply #60

jKLman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There will possibly be some kind of material library in the distant future. In the meantime you can just export/import materials from SketchUp.

To export:
Right click the material in the library and select "Save As"

To import:
Just drag the .skm file to the SketchUp material editor library.

Great! Would the preset material like glass, metal, paint, plastic, ss etc be included to these?
That would be a nice addition.

Currently, reflection has color options, thanks for that ---looking forward to fresnel, anisotropic and texture mapping options.

Collapsable render panel is really a good direction since old render panel
does not really automatically fit in the entire Sketchup window. This save me one click.

"Jack of all trade, but messing up with 3D"
Blender 2.78 Corona Standalone 1.5 / 2016-10-24 Alpha
Win 10 64bit

2016-04-29, 20:23:00
Reply #61

Tales Macedo

• Users
  • Designer and Artist 3D.
    • View Profile
    • Tales Macedo - Design Studio
Hello everybody !

Share here my first test with software This promising!

I look forward to more news in it !

2016-05-17, 16:59:19
Reply #62

Edvinas

• Active Users
  • CGI artist with architectural background
    • View Profile
    • Bloorise
Very quick test with new corona version for sketchup. I actually took very old scene (from 2010 I think) and gave 30 mins to setup corona materials.

Almost after one hour it was 180 passes with i7-5930k at full hd. Not super fast, but quite nice.

My thoughs after todays test:
- Corona really needs bitmaps for different reflection and refraction maps. Its still not possible to reach desired effect with bump :)
- DOF capability
- Two sided material

Bugs
- I only able to save render once. After saving in exr I can not repeat saving. Nothing happens when save button clicked.
® Bloorise
Behance: https://behance.com/bloorise

2016-05-17, 17:09:06
Reply #63

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Thanks for the image and your suggestions.

• Reflections/refractions are planned for near future.
  • DOF is not on my roadmap yet.
  • Can't you just assign different materials to front & back sides without using a two sided material?

The saving issue is not a bug but rather a misimplemented feature. First save of the VFB will also set the render output path to the saved image. Any click to the "Save" button when the render output path is set will write the image to that path without asking. This will change in the future so that clicking the Save button will always launch the dialog asking where to save.

2016-05-17, 17:23:41
Reply #64

Edvinas

• Active Users
  • CGI artist with architectural background
    • View Profile
    • Bloorise
Thanks for the image and your suggestions.

• Reflections/refractions are planned for near future.
  • DOF is not on my roadmap yet.
  • Can't you just assign different materials to front & back sides without using a two sided material?

The saving issue is not a bug but rather a misimplemented feature. First save of the VFB will also set the render output path to the saved image. Any click to the "Save" button when the render output path is set will write the image to that path without asking. This will change in the future so that clicking the Save button will always launch the dialog asking where to save.

Two sided - yep, you are right. After using max for many years it's hard to get back in sketchup habbits and place different materials on different sides of plane.

One more thing to note - do you plan a translucency option to be implemented?
® Bloorise
Behance: https://behance.com/bloorise

2016-05-18, 03:53:46
Reply #65

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks promising 3d Architect!

2016-06-13, 09:03:49
Reply #66

Ang

• Active Users
    • View Profile
New test.
I'm not very happy with the reflection of glasses , I have to improve the material setting
2 xeon 2658 / i7 5820K /i7 3770

2016-06-13, 14:40:25
Reply #67

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, we need some presets for the materials!

2016-06-15, 08:20:15
Reply #68

Giobbe_lapazienzadi

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi there, I was able to play a bit with Corona for sketchup and it's good as the 3ds one.
Just some thoughts on what I'd like to have implemented:
A) the node editor for materials, just to speed up the material creation.
But it's my way of working and I feel more comfy using the node editor
B)Something to work out sun would be great, as well as light portals ( but maybe I've missed them)

Moreover attached you'll find something "weird": shadows are different from the viewport.
Not that much, but they're kind of funny. Maybe someone could help me out

2016-06-15, 11:49:45
Reply #69

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi there, I was able to play a bit with Corona for sketchup and it's good as the 3ds one.
Believe me the 3ds one is even better. :)
What I noticed is that UI is more responsive in SU (like VFB, etc, except for IR which is still a bit buggy). Probably because SU is more lightweight than 3ds.

Would be awesome. Same for the C4D version.

B)Something to work out sun would be great, as well as light portals ( but maybe I've missed them)
I don't think portals are there in SU yet.

Moreover attached you'll find something "weird": shadows are different from the viewport.
Not that much, but they're kind of funny. Maybe someone could help me out
It could be because of the way SU creates very simple geometry. Corona might not like this sometimes. I'm not really familiar with SU but if I saw a problem like this in 3ds I would suggest "retriangulate" option or flipping normals.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-06-15, 12:13:49
Reply #70

Giobbe_lapazienzadi

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot for the swift reply,
I've already checked out the "normals" but faces are facing the right way (slip of the tongue)
Maybe is related to geometry, even if is a box without ceiling.

I've used Corona on 3ds and I love it, for this I've asked for the Sketchup version. XD

2016-06-15, 12:18:18
Reply #71

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Yes, we need some presets for the materials!

Right now there are more important features to implement (lighting for example), but I definitely would like to implement material presents and better material editting altogether.

Welcome to the forums! The SketchUp plugin uses the same rendering core as 3ds Max plugin (as does the Cinema plugin). So everything exposed through the plugin interface should work the same way (barring some bugs and plugin specific differences). But I definitely agree with maru, there are still many basic features that are not yet implemented in SketchUp plugin.

I'd love to have a node editor as well, but it's too much work to implement one and there are still many basic features missing at the moment.

It almost looks like a bug in reading the Sun position from SketchUp configuration. Could you please file a bug report with the scene attached?

https://corona-renderer.com/bugs (bug tracker does not share accounts with forum, so you'll probably need to create a new account there)

2016-06-17, 17:00:57
Reply #72

Giobbe_lapazienzadi

• Users
    • View Profile
it almost looks like a bug in reading the Sun position from SketchUp configuration. Could you please file a bug report with the scene attached?

https://corona-renderer.com/bugs (bug tracker does not share accounts with forum, so you'll probably need to create a new account there)

I did it, thanks a lot for the suggestion

2016-06-19, 18:00:10
Reply #73

jKLman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just dropping by...

I just recently upgrade to Windows 10 and I think that it is really more stable that win8/8.1.
Happy that Corona for Sketchup is working good in  Win 10 OS.

Here is a test. No hiccups...
"Jack of all trade, but messing up with 3D"
Blender 2.78 Corona Standalone 1.5 / 2016-10-24 Alpha
Win 10 64bit

2016-06-20, 11:33:54
Reply #74

Ang

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very quick test with new corona version for sketchup. I actually took very old scene (from 2010 I think) and gave 30 mins to setup corona materials.

Almost after one hour it was 180 passes with i7-5930k at full hd. Not super fast, but quite nice.

My thoughs after todays test:
- Corona really needs bitmaps for different reflection and refraction maps. Its still not possible to reach desired effect with bump :)
- DOF capability
- Two sided material

Bugs
- I only able to save render once. After saving in exr I can not repeat saving. Nothing happens when save button clicked.

Very nice render!
2 xeon 2658 / i7 5820K /i7 3770