Author Topic: Corona Material Library - Appreciation & discussion thread  (Read 44112 times)

2018-03-27, 05:40:44
Reply #45

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
hi devs,
Is there a plan to add more standard materials into the Corona Material Library in corona v2?
i dont know if it is already requested but here whats in my mind:
nature: snow, sand, ocean water, river, dry leave, etc
character mtls (human & animal): skin, eye, hair/fur, nail, teeth, feather, etc
vfx mtls,

2018-03-27, 15:44:35
Reply #46

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The Library will be getting an update in Corona Renderer 2, yes. Not sure with what materials though, that will be a "watch this space!"
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-03-27, 17:00:44
Reply #47

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
That sounds good, as good as srv's riffs ;)
 thanks Tom!

2018-03-27, 18:30:45
Reply #48

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Will it also be possible to add your own materials in version 2?

2018-03-27, 18:44:05
Reply #49

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Adding custom materials is not planned for Corona v2, this will be possible at some later time
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-04-04, 13:07:27
Reply #50

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
I love the material library, such a great way to quickly apply materials.
Something I think would be a very nice addition is a set of light materials. Like soft lights, multiple spots etc.
Something similar to this, from videocopilot, which you can apply to planes for light and reflection purposes.

2018-04-12, 11:43:54
Reply #51

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Requests:

- Could we please get a drag-and-drop icon when dragging from CML > Material Editor. At the moment there's no visual feedback that the process is working.

- Press Space bar on a material to see full-size preview (like Bridge)

- Bigger full-size previews (they're super tiny on a 4k monitor) and they also don't open that much bigger by default currently, why not go to 100%?

- Also still hoping we'll get custom user library support in the near future...
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-04-13, 09:10:43
Reply #52

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi Alex,
- Could we please get a drag-and-drop icon when dragging from CML > Material Editor. At the moment there's no visual feedback that the process is working.
Yes, we are well aware of this issue but unfortunately we currently do not know how to fix it. Max doesn't provide decent drag&drop API and we are forced to hack it to have the current functionality. The hack brings this inconvenience. It is definitely one of the Material Library things we would like to resolve somehow.

Please, could you be more specific? You mean pressing space bar while hovering the mouse cursor above a material thumbnail?

- Bigger full-size previews (they're super tiny on a 4k monitor) and they also don't open that much bigger by default currently, why not go to 100%?
Yes, we already have this in our internal tracker.

This is definitely planned.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2018-04-13, 10:01:23
Reply #53

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Hi Alex,
Yes, we are well aware of this issue but unfortunately we currently do not know how to fix it. Max doesn't provide decent drag&drop API and we are forced to hack it to have the current functionality. The hack brings this inconvenience. It is definitely one of the Material Library things we would like to resolve somehow.

Please, could you be more specific? You mean pressing space bar while hovering the mouse cursor above a material thumbnail?

Yes, we already have this in our internal tracker.

This is definitely planned.

Hey Mike.

Great stuff, glad to hear most of that is going forward :) On the space bar request - if you could just click on a material and hit Space to launch the full-size preview (which needs to be actual full-size as well, not that 50% size that initially loads). Like how Adobe Bridge works. You click a thumbnail, hit Space, and you get a full-size preview. Hope that makes sense.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-04-13, 11:07:57
Reply #54

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Great stuff, glad to hear most of that is going forward :) On the space bar request - if you could just click on a material and hit Space to launch the full-size preview (which needs to be actual full-size as well, not that 50% size that initially loads). Like how Adobe Bridge works. You click a thumbnail, hit Space, and you get a full-size preview. Hope that makes sense.
OK, thanks, recording it as a feature request
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2018-04-13, 11:14:04
Reply #55

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
OK, thanks, recording it as a feature request

Great, thanks :)
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-06-05, 00:36:57
Reply #56

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
So far my freedback on new materials that are part of RC1:

1. Scaling of the textures will now going to be a bit more pain than CoronaTrip. (can you finaly add the bezier float?)
2. Material name "Stone" is just lazy, dont create shaders using textures that you are not going to bother naming.
3. Still texture names "b6cdcaad1661" arent really redable, I understand how this is going to be rare for someone missing textures in archive, but those names are just not proffesional (Or they are proffesional beyond my comprehension)
4. Wood, well new maps are nice but I dont get why we have name "WOOD" thats not helpful/productive when client needs oak, I cant imagine looking for "wood". Can you add a PS Action or something to create this type of Sidling maps?
5. Wish there would be some maps using CoronaMultimap for wood/floor/tiles etc.
6. Carpets are ok, not much to say here they are just ok.

Overal the materials look nice and work good,
« Last Edit: 2018-06-05, 00:40:57 by Tanakov »
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2018-06-05, 07:52:35
Reply #57

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for updating matlib, but some materials are Real-world sized, some not. It confusing. I MUST to check out each materials sizes before use it in project. Please... FIX all materials to Real-World map size. Thanks

2018-06-05, 08:34:07
Reply #58

subpixelsk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • johny.mrazko.visualization
Thanks for updating matlib, but some materials are Real-world sized, some not. It confusing. I MUST to check out each materials sizes before use it in project. Please... FIX all materials to Real-World map size. Thanks

All materials use either triplanar mapping or real world size - this is because some tiled maps like dirt, scratches are not dependent on the mapping direction and therefore can make use of triplanar. Cases like wood, stones, etc that have certain texture direction are in real world mode. The point of updated material library is that you donĀ“t really have to check sizes as they are prepared for just drag and drop or simple uvwmap in real world mode

2018-06-05, 10:06:31
Reply #59

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just love new materials. Stones, roof tiles, sidings, sidewalks... Great addition! Thanks!