Author Topic: AC22 Teamwork Crash when attempting to reserve the Surface Dialog  (Read 10339 times)

2019-05-01, 22:50:14

cesarvj02

• Active Users
    • View Profile
AC22 Teamwork file Crashes when attempting to Reserve the Surface Dialog. This doesn't happen in a non-teamwork files.

AC22 Version 5900 USA FULL

2019-07-16, 14:27:05
Reply #1

alexhajdu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Hello, thanks for the bug report. What do you mean with the Reserve the Surface Dialog please?

2019-08-08, 14:31:30
Reply #2

SAFS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When working on a project in Teamwork project, with multiply users, the project is not stored on your hard drive but it is "downloded" from a BIM Server (which usually is a second computer in the office were the BIM Server is installed). So to work one logs into the project, it is dowloaded and You see it in Archicad but You can't edit anything until You select this object and press "Reserve" button in the Teamwork palette.
You also reserve setting dialog, one of them is the Surface Dialog with materials.

If you are work on a standard project (standalone) in AC you will not have those Reserve buttons.

2019-08-09, 08:36:42
Reply #3

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Hm, I suppose it's not possible to test this without the project that resides on the BIM server, right?

2019-08-12, 11:17:46
Reply #4

Ole

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think what causes this crash is that Corona allows changes to the material settings without reserving first. So if you make some changes and then try to reserve afterwards it will crash. If you reserve immediately then it will work (unless another user made changes without reserving).

Ole

2019-08-12, 15:49:35
Reply #5

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Some changes were already made and if you can then test this bug in the upcoming daily build it would be great. If the new build will still be crash, we can take a look at this because it seems like an important thing to fix.

2019-08-13, 12:32:58
Reply #6

Ole

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I found the daily builds, but I did not find a way to delete this post.

Ole

2019-08-13, 12:59:16
Reply #7

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
It's ok. The build we should test it on is still not available. I will let you know ;)

2019-11-07, 15:15:45
Reply #8

derekjackson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, just found this. I'm on Alpha 3 and it still seems to be an issue...

Can't see how you could test it without access to a project on a BIM server.
--------------------

www.lsiarchitects.co.uk
derekjackson.artstation.com

2019-11-08, 08:44:51
Reply #9

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Hi, just found this. I'm on Alpha 3 and it still seems to be an issue...

Can't see how you could test it without access to a project on a BIM server.

Hi, had you or anyone else here chance to test it on the latest daily build (alpha4)? It's still the issue?

2019-11-08, 11:29:58
Reply #10

derekjackson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Still waiting for IT dept to install Alpha 4 - I'll let you know...
--------------------

www.lsiarchitects.co.uk
derekjackson.artstation.com

2019-11-11, 11:14:50
Reply #11

Ole

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I got a crash with alpha 4 as well, but I'm not able to reproduce it every time like with alpha 3. You can still change corona material settings without reservering the materials in Archicad (something that should not be possible).

Ole

2019-11-11, 12:09:46
Reply #12

LUXi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Before corona time this problem had existed...I think you should report this issue to Graphisoft... it is already been but just nothing happened so far.
Very hard to reproduce the problem, my experience is when a section tab is active and attempting to reserve the surface dialog then crash AC...

krsz