Author Topic: Save CXR with the take system and with tokens  (Read 1809 times)

2019-02-26, 10:53:20

oroeo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hy guys. :)

I'm already searching for some time, to achieve CXR files saved via the take manager and named with tokens. Does not seem to be possible to me.  I managed to (somehow) save a CXR with those settings, but...yeah the names are like "Unity $take_end_001.cxr" and he also drops an EXR which I don't even need. So if I want to render 9 takes it is already getting a bit messy.

Is there a proper workflow you can explain to me?

I really you can help me with that.

2019-03-07, 08:25:41
Reply #1

oroeo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Okay, I figured out that in these settings Corona is not supporting the regular C4D tokens (but would be very useful). But back to the take thing... So is there no possibility the save those takes as CXR in a comfortable way?

Today I rendered 3 takes overnight and it looks like that all the "end" images have been deleted except the last one. I would be really grateful if somebody can introduce me to an efficient workflow to keep the CXR when rendering selected takes.

2019-03-07, 14:22:17
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It probably isn't possible, since CXR is not part of the Cinema 4D save dialog options (at the moment, anyway). CXRs can only be saved from the VFB.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-03-07, 21:08:58
Reply #3

indexofrefraction

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@TomG

would it not be possible to add something like "save to CXR" to the (corona) render settings,
and then use the settings in the normal save dialog? (including support for filename tokens)

this way you'd get the normal jpg/png/exr plus the cxr.
if checked, the cxr saving would take place even if save is disabled in the render settings.
like this you could save the cxr only.

not really the most elegant solution, but a workaround most could live with, i guess.
(if it is not possible to add cxr as normal saveable format)

best, index

2019-03-08, 08:57:49
Reply #4

oroeo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@TomG

would it not be possible to add something like "save to CXR" to the (corona) render settings,
and then use the settings in the normal save dialog? (including support for filename tokens)

this way you'd get the normal jpg/png/exr plus the cxr.
if checked, the cxr saving would take place even if save is disabled in the render settings.
like this you could save the cxr only.

not really the most elegant solution, but a workaround most could live with, i guess.
(if it is not possible to add cxr as normal saveable format)

best, index

That sounds like a good idea. Because if you choose a path to save the files in the program settings it's a global setting which isn't that good. If you put it under the Corona Settings it's a path per project, I would guess?