Author Topic: What is the Corona Equivalent of the "Arnold - SHUFFLE NODE"  (Read 2656 times)

2023-03-07, 13:09:30
Reply #15

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Excellent find with the Colorizer! Much better than the Filter approach :) I've never run into an object or material with a "puzzlematte" before, so it was an interesting challenge to think about how it could be done. Hopefully this thread and all the solutions in it will be of help to others who run into one and want to make use of it, in various ways!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-03-07, 13:20:14
Reply #16

Oxocan London

• Active Users
  • www.oxocan.com
    • View Profile
    • www.oxocan.com
Hi Tom,

This is why we come on these fantastic forums, to learn from one another. I myself discovered that Arnold's Colour Shuffle Node equivalent is C4D's native COLORIZER node. This was a complete accident. I hardly use C4D's native tools as I was very much focused on Arnold's tools. Arnold is very slow if you are using a CPU instated of a GPU to render scenes. The immediate response of the IPR is just not fast enough, especially as you are editing material and speed is everything.

I discovered that Corona does a much faster job on the IPR and is very fast in comparison. Anyways, wishing everyone a fantastic week ahead.
« Last Edit: 2023-03-08, 07:33:14 by Oxocan London »
Ian
Oxocan London

2023-03-07, 13:52:23
Reply #17

Oxocan London

• Active Users
  • www.oxocan.com
    • View Profile
    • www.oxocan.com
Hi Tom,

Here is one last example where I had to create 3 COLORIZER as the material contains three different patterns, in three different colours! I thought this would be a great example to illustrate my earlier point. Do note that in the LAYER NODE, you stack the colonisers on top of each other and you MULTIPLY each one. Additionally, the Base Colour goes on top of each one!
« Last Edit: 2023-03-08, 07:36:22 by Oxocan London »
Ian
Oxocan London