Author Topic: AgX in Corona  (Read 8620 times)

2024-03-27, 02:10:02
Reply #30

zhao liang

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for your answers!

2024-04-18, 11:24:12
Reply #31

piotrus3333

• Active Users
    • View Profile
More of AgX by Troy Sobotka - this time his Resolve version of it (quite different) married with a film look from Arri:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=41947.msg223544#msg223544

note: it does require a string option to turn off VFB's sRGB view lut so might be a bit more cumbersome to use.
Marcin Piotrowski
youtube

Today at 11:00:08
Reply #32

muoto

• Active Users
    • View Profile
But when importing exr's from corona to fusion, there is a extra gamma applied (1.2?) because the image in fusion is much darker than in VFB. And then you need to specify the float gamma thing to have the same result in vfb and fusion ?

Today at 12:36:07
Reply #33

piotrus3333

• Active Users
    • View Profile
But when importing exr's from corona to fusion, there is a extra gamma applied (1.2?) because the image in fusion is much darker than in VFB. And then you need to specify the float gamma thing to have the same result in vfb and fusion ?

AgX luts for Corona from this thread are made for default Corona behaviour regarding gamma transforms in VFB. by default VFB has hidden 2.2 transform after the TONE MAPPING stack and effects. it also has hidden gamma transforms in every LUT operator.
if you are using my AgX luts there is no need for string option changing VFB's gamma behaviour ("float gamma thing").
Marcin Piotrowski
youtube

Today at 13:21:29
Reply #34

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

AgX luts for Corona from this thread are made for default Corona behaviour regarding gamma transforms in VFB. by default VFB has hidden 2.2 transform after the TONE MAPPING stack and effects. it also has hidden gamma transforms in every LUT operator.
if you are using my AgX luts there is no need for string option changing VFB's gamma behaviour ("float gamma thing").
Wait, so for any LUTs from outside Corona install we need either the string option or a gamma operator @0.45 before the LUT? I remember trying some LUTs from other sources but gave up thinking they were not the right type.

Today at 14:20:06
Reply #35

piotrus3333

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wait, so for any LUTs from outside Corona install we need either the string option or a gamma operator @0.45 before the LUT? I remember trying some LUTs from other sources but gave up thinking they were not the right type.

I do not know the story behind luts from Corona installer but, in general - yes - to have a lut do what it is supposed to do in Corona VFB you need gamma transform operator (1/2.2).
I guess the story why it all works like that is long forgotten as the support was unable to point me to the simple solution - the string option for adjusting VFB gamma. I dug it out from an old 2015 post.
Marcin Piotrowski
youtube