Author Topic: Panorama Exporter  (Read 128628 times)

2014-04-16, 23:59:32

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks

Well, what can I say, it's a Script that exports panoramas ;)  Ondra had the idea, I've just been scripting it.
The script either takes a 360x180° jpg file or grabs the image directly from CoronaVfb and generates 3 or 4 files (depends on your settings). The Html file uses the awesome threejs library http://threejs.org/.

How to use:
- Choose a Name for your panorama
- Set an output path for your panorama files (you can use the browse button)
- Either pick a jpg file (Browse)
- .. or grab the current image from the CoronaVfb
- you can turn off the automatic rotation if you want it static
- you can also turn off the Corona Logo display (but why would you want to do that ;-) )
- now you can use it locally on your machine or upload all the files to your webspace. Paths are all relative, so it's portable.

P.S. Some browsers like IE or Chrome seem to disallow running the js library on a local machine. Once it's uploaded to a webserver, all Browser show the content. Firefox seems to be working fine locally and web. Don't ask me why this happens, I'm not a web developer :D

Example:
http://www.racoon-artworks.de/panorama/Cathedral_6k.html   (old logo)

changelog:
*v0.3 - [2015/03/07] -----------------------------
- changed corona logo
- added speed spinner: from -1.0 (rotates left) to 1.0 (rotates right)
- view center is now the image center

*v0.2 - [2014/10/20] -----------------------------
- mouse wheel zoom can now be disabled
*v0.1 - [2014/04/16] -----------------------------
- initial release
« Last Edit: 2015-03-12, 21:14:20 by DeadClown »
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-04-17, 00:26:12
Reply #1

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Thanks for the script, The cathedral looks great in panorama!

2014-05-01, 21:05:45
Reply #2

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Grand Dead

2014-05-02, 06:46:29
Reply #3

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile

2014-05-03, 15:30:25
Reply #4

ikercito

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow, the cathedral looks amazing. Nice script

BTW, is the blooming in the bigger windows been generated naturally inside Corona, or elsewhere? Can't get it to look anything close to that. How did you go about it?

Thanks!

2014-05-03, 23:36:20
Reply #5

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Glad you all like it :)

BTW, is the blooming in the bigger windows been generated naturally inside Corona, or elsewhere? Can't get it to look anything close to that. How did you go about it?

It's not from Corona, it was made with several layered glows in eyeon Fusion.

2014-05-23, 06:21:15
Reply #6

b24

• Users
    • View Profile
Very good script! Thanks :)

2014-06-04, 17:14:57
Reply #7

PlayvilleStudios

• Users
    • View Profile
Wow, thanks a lot for your script, that's really helpful!

2014-06-25, 18:15:33
Reply #8

benjamincillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Well, what can I say, it's a Script that exports panoramas ;)  Ondra had the idea, I've just been scripting it.
The script either takes a 360x180° jpg file or grabs the image directly from CoronaVfb and generates 3 or 4 files (depends on your settings). The Html file uses the awesome threejs library http://threejs.org/.

How to use:
- Choose a Name for your panorama
- Set an output path for your panorama files (you can use the browse button)
- Either pick a jpg file (Browse)
- .. or grab the current image from the CoronaVfb
- you can turn off the automatic rotation if you want it static
- you can also turn off the Corona Logo display (but why would you want to do that ;-) )
- now you can use it locally on your machine or upload all the files to your webspace. Paths are all relative, so it's portable.

Hi Deadclown

I'm currently trying to make it work, I have some questions

If I use the script with default values, it request for a "jpg" file...which I suppossed it has to be already in 360° Panorama format... :S
If I choose get from VFB it only takes current image, but it doesnt convert such image in 360°, the final result is black html page

How do you set how many images are going to be taken? (..."or grabs the image directly from CoronaVfb and generates 3 or 4 files (depends on your settings...")

What I'm doing wrong?

Ps. I've also noticed first time I use the script on a empty scene it creates a camera, but everytime It try to use it on an existing scene it doesnt work
I'm using A6 + Max 2014

thanks

2014-06-25, 18:30:50
Reply #9

ukajali

• Active Users
    • View Profile
in case of black html page, try first to use another browser...mine was black in chrome, but firefox worked.

but i think thats not your problem.
you need to choose spherical cam in corona cam mod and render. then there's no question how many images you need...it's only one.

2014-06-25, 18:35:55
Reply #10

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
If I use the script with default values, it request for a "jpg" file...which I suppossed it has to be already in 360° Panorama format... :S
If I choose get from VFB it only takes current image, but it doesnt convert such image in 360°, the final result is black html page
Yes - you need a 360°x180° image.
The html file is black if you test it on your machine and your browser forbids running javascript locally (Chrome and IE). Firefox works fine. If you load it up to a webserver all browsers should display it properly.

How do you set how many images are going to be taken? (..."or grabs the image directly from CoronaVfb and generates 3 or 4 files (depends on your settings...")
It's only 1 image, it's not working like the max internal panorama exporter. It doesn't render several pictures and stitches them together. You need to render a full spherical camera view first (with the new spherical camera mode in corona, still only daily builds I guess)

Ps. I've also noticed first time I use the script on a empty scene it creates a camera, but everytime It try to use it on an existing scene it doesnt work
I'm using A6 + Max 2014
I tested it here and it didn't create a camera. It would be quite funny too because there is no code for doing such a thing in the script ;)

2014-06-25, 19:09:24
Reply #11

benjamincillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your help

So, there is no way to create a single jpg file in 360° without using A7?
...it's a shame.

2014-06-25, 19:14:16
Reply #12

ukajali

• Active Users
    • View Profile

The html file is black if you test it on your machine and your browser forbids running javascript locally (Chrome and IE). Firefox works fine. If you load it up to a webserver all browsers should display it properly.

ah...thanks for the pointer, didn't know that :)

2014-06-25, 19:32:29
Reply #13

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
So, there is no way to create a single jpg file in 360° without using A7?
...it's a shame.
It's less than a week to A7 ;)

ah...thanks for the pointer, didn't know that :)
I'm not sure if my explanation is exact, but that's how I interpreted the black pages ;)

2014-06-25, 20:20:03
Reply #14

benjamincillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile

It's less than a week to A7 ;)
[/quote]

yeeeiiiii :D