Author Topic: Lighting changes  (Read 453 times)

2023-12-28, 13:05:43

acnae

• Users
    • View Profile

Hello there! :)

I'm encountering an issue with the Corona 7 version, and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the matter. Here's what's happening:

I go through the usual steps of setting up my scene and configuring the lighting. However, I've noticed that when I make minor adjustments, like changing the position of an object by just one centimeter or modifying the material, the entire lighting undergoes a drastic change. It becomes notably darker, almost as if the gamma of the image is being altered.

I've attached an image for reference, and you can see that sometimes it gets even darker without any apparent reason. In the attached image, for instance, all I did was rotate the soft seating a few centimeters.

This inconsistency in lighting is quite frustrating, and I'm struggling to maintain a consistent lighting setup.

Do you have any suggestions or insights into why this might be happening?

Thank you for your assistance!

2023-12-28, 17:44:26
Reply #1

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you ignore the noise that hasn't cleaned up, they look pretty identical to me.  Let the render finish and then compare, at the minute you're reading to much into the darker noise pixels that haven't cleaned up yet

2023-12-28, 17:47:53
Reply #2

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've just grabbed a random interior off Google and added noise to it, you get the same 'optical illusion' it looks darker but it isn't, it's just got noise over it now, but the images are identical.