Author Topic: spherical render for vr in oculus guest 2  (Read 927 times)

2023-10-18, 15:13:00

tex75

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I use Oculus Quest 2 to show clients my interior projects.
For some time after an Oculus update, the images in the viewer appear to me to be as undefined as before. Has this happened to anyone? I use the spherical resolution 6000x6000 pixels. Thank you

2023-10-18, 15:16:04
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
the images in the viewer appear to me to be as undefined as before
Can you explain what exactly you mean by that?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-10-18, 15:22:35
Reply #2

tex75

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it appears grainy and poorly defined whereas before with the same definition it was clear

This happened following an Oculus software update

« Last Edit: 2023-10-18, 15:27:50 by tex75 »

2023-10-18, 16:22:14
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Have you checked in with Oculus support? Any info in their update notes on changes to the preferred resolution or aspect ratio for images? Since nothing has changed on the Corona side, it sounds like some change in their viewing application and they might be able to help out more directly than the community can here (I am not sure how responsive Oculus support is mind you, hopefully it's good!)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-10-19, 11:17:21
Reply #4

tex75

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I contacted Oculus but they replied that they cannot provide assistance on external sources, does anyone in the community use Oculus Quest 2 and have encountered the same problem? and maybe he solved it?

2023-10-19, 12:55:21
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Strange as you aren't requesting assistance on "external sources" but rather whether there were changes to their hardware or applications that mean different image sizes or aspect resolutions are preferred. Be sure  when you ask not to add anything like "...rendered from 3ds Max" etc which will let them pretend it is nothing they should answer ;) Also, to check, what app are you using to view the images, is it some native in-built app, something third party (in which case Oculus may be right that it's not on them to answer, it would be on the developer of the viewing app)? Does it affect any and all of your images, even ones from different sources, rather than just the one you have created yourself?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-11-03, 09:18:12
Reply #6

balatschaka

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I use Oculus Quest 2 to show clients my interior projects.
For some time after an Oculus update, the images in the viewer appear to me to be as undefined as before. Has this happened to anyone? I use the spherical resolution 6000x6000 pixels. Thank you

Quadratic proportions for spherical panorama? Should be 2:1.