General Category > Hardware

[SOLVED] Extreme mouse lag on a new Ryzen system

(1/4) > >>

romullus:
I know this is not the right forum to seek help for this kind of issue, but it's the only community i'm active and i can't seem to solve it on my own - i've been batling all day with little success.

So i've built myself new computer and i'm having horrible experience with it so far. The build is - Asus B550-F gaming, Ryzen 5950X, nvme for system drive. First issue was that windows 10 couldn't find network adapter driver and i had to download drivers with my old pc. I downloaded bunch of drivers from MB support page and installed them all, just in case and immediatelly mouse freezes has started. After some googling i think it can be related to Windows power plan. I changed it from balanced to high performance and indeed situation became better. It still freezes alot, to the level it's not workable, but at least those are not complete freezes - with balanced plan mouse became completely non responding in a matter of minutes after restart. I didn't change anything in BIOS, except for setting XMP DOCP for the RAM. I'm thinking about reinstalling Windows and not touching any drivers again from Asus, but i'm not sure if that's good idea and maybe there's better solution? Any help would be very appreciate.

Maybe i should've stick to Intel :/

Nejc Kilar:
Haven't quite encountered that issue yet but I think I recall some folks having somewhat similar issues and it was due to their mouse having a super high polling rate. Can you try to see if lowering it helps?

And if its of any help, I've got weird issues on both my Intel as well as AMD systems. I mostly blame it on Windows :D

TomG:
I didn't get mouse lag from a super high polling rate (wireless mouse, USB receiver), but I did get laggy window dragging in 3ds Max. Not sure that is CPU related though (3960X here), could equally be Windows, or the mouse drivers.

romullus:
Thanks for the suggestions. I doubt it's polling rate, since it's only 125 Hz and its' fixed anyway. As for the drivers, i'll try to see if manufacturer offers specific drivers for this model. It's an old mouse from my previous system and it worked flawlessly with Windows drivers before, so i don't have much hope here either.

romullus:
I think it was Windows issue (as always!). I installed all Windows updates and the issue is gone! Evrything runs smoothly... for now. Thanks for the help guys!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version