General Category > Hardware

Intel Adler Lake i9-12900K CPU - poor performance.

(1/3) > >>

LD9K:
Hi All,

I just got a system with the following spec:

i9-12900K Processor, 128G RAM, 2TB SSD, RTX3080 GPU on Windows 10 Pro Build 21H2

When I kick off a render, I see that only 8 of 24 of my cores go to 100%. On my old machine (Core i7 7900X), I don't have this problem - all cores go to 100%.

I know that the new i9 CPUs have some p-Cores some e-Cores, however it should still hit 100%. I thought this was an issue with CPU core parking, so I used a bitsum's "ParkControl" utility to force-unpark all the cores. Still, I only see 8 of the 24 "cores" showing full usage. Overall CPU usage is about 40-50% max.

At the same time, I ran IntelBurnTest for testing. All of the cores straight away shoot up to 100%, and Overall CPU usage shows 100% as well.

How can I get Corona to use 100% of the CPU?

rowmanns:
Hi,

You need to upgrade to Windows 11. Windows 10 doesn't have full support for these CPUs.

I also recommend updating the BIOS to the latest version. We have one of these CPUs here and our performance was pretty terrible until we updated the BIOS.

Thanks,

Rowan

LD9K:
Thanks Rowan -- upgraded to Win 11; now 100% cpu across all cores.

rowmanns:
Excellent, pleased it's working now :)

armandoumas:
Hi guys, I'm also having the same problem on a Ryzen 9 3900x with Windows 10.
The curious thing is that this did not happen before. Maybe it's because of some problematic Windows update?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version