Author Topic: Replicating funky wallpapers (layered material)  (Read 3065 times)

2016-10-07, 18:01:19

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Hi guys

The client has his eyes set on some pretty sweet wallpapers for his project. They are to be wrapped around 3 big supporting columns.

I've spent some time playing with bercon noise and I'm getting closer to the first material sample he gave me (attachment 01). He is considering the more "advanced" type (the image with the dinner table). I wonder if my (rather slow) approach with bercon maps is the best one. Any thoughts on how you guys would do it?
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2016-10-11, 18:04:47
Reply #1

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
this might be a bit out therer but i wonder if you could use some black and white images of stuff like nebula and stars to mask them off. the pattern looks like an inverted image from hubble!

2016-10-11, 18:08:30
Reply #2

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hubble image. desat, played with levels and blurred slightly. Looks pretty darn close to me!

2016-10-11, 19:32:54
Reply #3

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
I just had a meeting with the client today and you are actually spot on!

It's NASA satellite imagery that's been through some design studio in Amsterdam.

He was happy with the result, so all is good at this stage. Will definitely try your suggestions if he wants it more detailed.

Thanks for chiming in :)
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2016-10-12, 09:26:54
Reply #4

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well that is a coincidence haha. theres plenty of very high res nasa shots out there for you to take your pick from!
Good luck!