Author Topic: Transformation of an old storage space to a new canteen.  (Read 6558 times)

2016-09-14, 19:55:23

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Hi guys

This is my latest client work. The space had no windows so the architect wanted to explore options with a skylight as the main element of lighting. It ended up 16m long and 1.4m wide.

It was made in 1.4, would have loved to try out the new lightmix in 1.5, but didn't dare to install the daily in the middle of the project ;) Think I'll try now it's over.

aaaand the wire :)

My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2016-09-14, 23:32:51
Reply #1

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Jens. Really great renders. Looks like the real deal :) You should definitely try the new light mixer with this scene - it fits perfectly as an case example.

Two things that I'm curious about:
1) Where did you get the plants from?
2) How are your candle light made and set up?

Best regards

2016-09-14, 23:36:30
Reply #2

GabaCGStudio

Hi Jens. Really great renders. Looks like the real deal :) You should definitely try the new light mixer with this scene - it fits perfectly as an case example.

Two things that I'm curious about:
1) Where did you get the plants from?
2) How are your candle light made and set up?

Best regards

seems that is like as 3dsky.org objects :]

2016-09-15, 11:47:46
Reply #3

ska

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I belive its ivy generator, leaves looking good here

2016-09-15, 12:23:23
Reply #4

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
1) Yeah it's the free grow ivy plugin for 3ds max: http://www.guruware.at/main/ivy/ had to experiment a lot with the settings for them to fit and used a custom leaf instead of the standard one.

2) I think models are from an evermotion pack, can't really remember. The flame is modeled as - surprise - a flame and has a normal corona mat with light emitter enabled. Just trial and error till it looked right :)

2016-09-15, 14:17:45
Reply #5

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Jens,

Very nice images compositionwise and colorgrading. DoF is a bit too strong for my taste in the first image and perhaps you should rotate one or more chairs a bit more to give it some more vibrance.

Keep it up!

2016-09-16, 02:27:40
Reply #6

Paul Springer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice.  If me, i would delete 1 set of tables per side to give clearance behind chairs (60cm+) in pulled out position (to avoid claustrophobia maybe).

Did you help the architect communicate the plan?  What did the client say? 

Thanks

2016-09-16, 21:51:06
Reply #7

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Hi Jens,

Very nice images compositionwise and colorgrading. DoF is a bit too strong for my taste in the first image and perhaps you should rotate one or more chairs a bit more to give it some more vibrance.

Keep it up!

Thanks for the feedback.

Nice.  If me, i would delete 1 set of tables per side to give clearance behind chairs (60cm+) in pulled out position (to avoid claustrophobia maybe).

Did you help the architect communicate the plan?  What did the client say? 

Thanks

Yeah me too, but the space had to have seating for 50ish people. These are concept images, so tables/chairs might be swapped to some smaller models.

The architect had a plan + section drawing and lots of ideas of course. I was part of the design process and provided images/concepts on our ideas that he could then show to the client. Client was happy.