Author Topic: How IR is used to be interactive  (Read 31609 times)

2019-08-29, 20:04:28
Reply #45

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Aha ok! Look for that checkbox in the Performance tab, to change whether NVIDIA denoising is used during IR. While blurry at first, it will clean up quickly as IR does more passes, of course.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-08-29, 20:18:10
Reply #46

cgbeast

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Where so I find the switch to disable it?

2019-08-29, 20:25:43
Reply #47

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2019-08-29, 21:15:50
Reply #48

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It's funny to see how some people don't like interactive denoiser. For me it's the best thing since sliced bread. When my old GPU died, i had to live without denoiser for almost month... it was nightmare!
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-08-29, 22:49:01
Reply #49

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
It's funny to see how some people don't like interactive denoiser. For me it's the best thing since sliced bread. When my old GPU died, i had to live without denoiser for almost month... it was nightmare!

It's amazing while testing overall lighting, exposure, colours, compositions etc. But as soon as you're working on fine detail textures e.g. carpets/rugs/fabrics/plants/grass then it becomes unusable really, since it crushes all the detail away and seems to take even longer to clean up than if you just turn it off. So it totally has it's uses.

On that note, because this topic reminded me, can we have a right-click IR/docked menu item to quickly enable/disable this, please? :)
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2019-08-30, 00:14:14
Reply #50

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
On that note, because this topic reminded me, can we have a right-click IR/docked menu item to quickly enable/disable this, please? :)

Oh yeah, that's a good idea! I think you should request this in dedicated topic on feature request board.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-09-26, 21:41:52
Reply #51

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH

Meanwhile(?) a macroscript as button/shortcut. Unfortunately it restarts IR when toggling, should not happen when it gets implemented natively someday.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-09-26, 23:09:05
Reply #52

selene

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Since I think this topic is related to the issue we are currently investigating, I'm going to pin here a link to the poll and topic dedicated to solving this problem: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=26333.0

As TomG and Maru already mentioned, please report us any specific case, ideally a 3DS Max scene, which you think is relevant to solving the issues with Interactive Rendering slowdowns - it would really help us a lot :). We would really like to deeply investigate it, but we struggle to reproduce it ourselves. Most of the time we get such feedback, our users don't provide us with needed information or example scenes, so it is really hard to find cause of this problem.

Thank you very much for any information which could lead to solving this issue :)

Have a nice day,
s.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-01, 09:52:47 by selene »