Author Topic: Corona 1.6 and Thinkbox Deadline UHD Cache not working?  (Read 5869 times)

2017-04-25, 14:12:15

Lucutus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • a+m
Hello there,

today we made the first try outs with the new Corona 1.6 in our company. Installation etc worked smooth as usual.
But we are facing a strange behavior at the moment. We use deadline from Thinkbox as render management tool.

We we are trying to send a normal render job to the deadline server and the scene is using UHD Cache as second solver we get the attached message.

Any ideas how to solve this?

greeetz

Lucutus

2017-04-25, 14:43:01
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
the parameter was renamed to uhdcache. We will contact deadline to deal with this
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-04-25, 14:54:44
Reply #2

Lucutus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • a+m

2017-04-25, 14:55:23
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hello, this is a known, already fixed issue. Please update Deadline to the newest version.

Here is a quote from the Deadline developers:
Deadline 9.0.2 was released last week which now completes all outstanding issues/features for Corona 1.6:
http://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/9.0/1_User%20Manual/manual/release-notes.html

That error is fixed in the above SP. The user can also fix it themselves quickly by updating "_Functions.ms" file in their repo from:

gi_hdCache_save --> gi_uhdCache_save (as you renamed a maxscript property in this SP).

Let us know if anything does not work as expected!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-04-26, 08:21:54
Reply #4

Lucutus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • a+m
on our first test everythings seems back to normal now.

thanks for the quick reply. I will let you know if we are facing any other problems.

greetz

Lucutus

2017-04-26, 09:24:04
Reply #5

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We run Deadline for our farm and we have a guy that comes in and does all the upgrading and maintenance, but that takes forever. If I want to change that line in "_functions.ms" myself, is there a way to find where the repository is installed?

Edit: I found the repository (SubmitMaxToDeadline_Functions.ms ?), but the script contains a lot of gi_hdCache_* (not just gi_hdCache_save). Should all of those be changed or just "gi_hdCache_save"?
« Last Edit: 2017-04-26, 09:35:34 by Monkeybrother »

2017-04-26, 10:56:03
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I would change all of them
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-07-13, 14:09:58
Reply #7

PKonst

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I wasn't able to find that thread using brief forum search, so please, stick it somewhere or feature in Helpdesk.
Because we spent day of work trying to submit jobs to Deadline / contacting both Thinkbox and Corona support without success.

Thinkbox support is sure that only Deadline 9 supports Corona 1.6+ (paid upgrade in our case)
which is not true.

Quick fix featured in this thread works like a charm even for Deadline 7.

2017-07-13, 14:56:20
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry for that, we will update our helpdesk with this info.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-08-16, 15:37:12
Reply #9

mike_kennedy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Being hit by this as well, does anyone have a corrected version of this script?

2017-08-16, 15:46:04
Reply #10

mike_kennedy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am not a scripter  (Artist) so when  I replaced the two lines I found when searching the deadline script it didn't fix things and came up with more errors, there is another line that I get an error on, and pasting the code from the help desk doesn't fix things.
Can we revert bake to 1.5 to fix this, happening in Max 2016 even though I only installed (As far as I know) the  1.7 daily into Max 2018

2017-08-16, 15:54:22
Reply #11

mike_kennedy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I tried just replacing the line mentioned in the posts and on the help desk link (Artist here)

I replaced everything with that had

gi_hdCache

not just the

gi_hdCache_save

because that didn't work

either way I changed it I still get  this error, can't submit anything right now

here is the current error line

if ((isProperty renderers.current #gi_uhdCache_precalcMode) AND (getProperty renderers.current #gi_uhdCache_precalcMode == 2)) OR ((getProperty renderers.current #gi_uhdCache_save) AND (getProperty renderers.current #gi_uhdCache_save)) do
                           append theFilenameProps #gi_uhdCache_file

Could some one post a working copy of the script to so we can test it?

No rush on this, we aren't ready to spend the time upgrading our network immediately, we are in testing mode right now before making that big a jump.
Mike K

« Last Edit: 2017-08-16, 17:41:03 by mike_kennedy »