Author Topic: All renderelements are black  (Read 3030 times)

2015-03-25, 19:10:15

3DsChobo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
sometimes when rendering with corona all render elements are plain black.
Noone in the office knows exactly how to avoid this or what causes it but many already experienced this problem.

First it looked like it only occurs when the renderoutput overwrites already existing images but now I just had the same problem though I cleared the output folder before.

Some claim it happens especially when rendering with DR. I can neither confirm nor falsify this.

What I did find out is that you can get away with saving every pass manually after rendering. But this can't be done for animation or rendering with backburner.

So if someone knows what im talking about and has a solution I would like to know it

2015-03-25, 19:46:06
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
just to bue sure... are you using Corona 1.0? There was a bug I think in A6, that caused this ;)

Do you use the "render only elements" feature?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-03-26, 11:08:42
Reply #2

3DsChobo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
we switched to 1.0 as soon as it was there. yes we had this problem before so its not the first time.
no we are not using the render only elements feature.

2015-10-22, 19:54:04
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-11-19, 13:43:37
Reply #4

mtanasiewicz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ondra on every subject regarding this issue You give a "duplicate" link to another subject where You also put "duplicate" link to the same subject...

Actually I have the same problem and haven't found any solution. When using DR or backburner- all my render elements save black. It doesn't matter if I save them as png, tiff or openexr. I always get totally no information. It used to work before version 1.2, after updating to 1.2 everything was OK for few weeks and than Corona started to save all elements black. It happens only when I check the save file and add a path for files in the Common Tab. When the render finishes and I try to save the passes manually, everything is ok.

Unfortunately with backubrner You don't get the chance to save elements manually, so all the channel are lost...

2015-11-19, 14:06:54
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Can you start a new support ticket about this? https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
Can you send us a scene where this happens? It can be something very simple like a teapot, but please make sure that the problem appears in this scene.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us