Author Topic: Corona Volume problem  (Read 331 times)

2022-12-03, 01:49:48

Streha

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I don't know if this is a problem with the latest version or if I'm doing something wrong.
I'm trying to put fog in scene but I want to control height, I'm using Corona Volume mtl with Corona distance map I applied volume on box (camera is out of box), for "distance from" I put road, problem is that fog appears only above road not in box, I tried to put other stuff for distance and fog appear only on the area of that selected object.
Everything about Fog/Volume mtl work, but I want fog inside box that I created over my scene where I applied Volume mtl. It would be great for next version to get some height,fade options inside Corona Volume mtl

2022-12-03, 19:08:01
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I think that's correct behaviour - if you use distance map to control fog's fading, the fog will be rendered to the set distance from the selected node. You need to extend your road, or add additional geometry to Corona distance map if you want to cover larger fog box.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-12-05, 14:02:33
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Distance Map is the actual physical distance, rather than just height, so as things get further from the road in the horizontal, the fog will also fade out, as well as with how far from the vertical. I am not sure I am understanding correctly, but if it is just height you want, I'd place a plane larger than the scene, set it to non-renderable, and use that as the Distance From object, which will give fog that fades at a given height across the whole scene, effectively making it a "height only" effect.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us