Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

Corona hair bunches hair around guides

(1/3) > >>

JPeters:
Hi There,

Last week I started on a project using corona hair driven by various texture maps for density/length/kink/fizz etc. and I'm running into an annoying issue.
If you look at the image you can see that it creates clusters of hairs for some reason near the guides, rather than spreading the hairs out "evenly".

Corona 5 hotfix 2
Cinema4D R21
Distribution = Polygon Area
Cloning = Off
Density is controlled by a greyscale texture from MARI (linear) and levels are 8.

I've fiddled with pretty much all settings but none seem to want to spread out the hairs more evenly.

Also I did try the "minimum spacing" but this just reduces the number of hairs in a cluster while vastly increasing the render times so it's no option really.

Anyone got experience with this?

Beanzvision:
Hi, I'm not able to reproduce that here, does changing the distribution to something like "polygon center" have any effect? Are you able to share the scene via our private uploader?
https://corona-renderer.com/upload

jojorender:

--- Quote from: JPeters on 2020-03-05, 13:46:07 ---If you look at the image you can see that it creates clusters of hairs for some reason near the guides, rather than spreading the hairs out "evenly".
--- End quote ---
Hi JPeters,
I'm running into the exact same issue. Spend a lot of time playing around with settings to no avail.
Did you find a solution for this?
I want to add a cat with short fur to a scene, but poor kitty looks like a cancer patient.

@ corona team
Does corona hair render clones? Hair object> Hairs> Cloning. I see no difference, only render time goes up.

Beanzvision:

--- Quote from: jojorender on 2022-01-17, 23:40:01 ---@ corona team
Does corona hair render clones? Hair object> Hairs> Cloning. I see no difference, only render time goes up.

--- End quote ---

It sure does!

jojorender:
Thanks Beanz,
I should have made a simplified setup for testing like you did. I guess on the cat, clones and actual hairs bunch up so much that I couldn’t see the clones.
Any ideas how to distribute hair more evenly between guides? Polys are tris, UV mapped, tried with/ without density map.
The cat looks like a toy. When I make the hair thinner for more realism, I see the skin, adding more hair/ clones doesn’t help, just clumps more.

Will send you the cat model when I get to it. Maybe you can have a look?
Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version