Author Topic: 3D printing service  (Read 2410 times)

2018-07-03, 15:56:43

SHORT CUTS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • SHORT CUTS
Could anyone recommend a good 3d printing service who can do full color prints? Sandstone or something similar would be perfect. We tried shapeways and in the past they did a good job but the last jobs were a mess with lots of stress on our side. Any other option would be much aprreciated.

2018-07-03, 16:40:32
Reply #1

Jann

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have only used i.materialise.com and only once, but that seemed to be a good alternative to Shapeways who didn't want to send a silver material ring to EU :|

2018-07-03, 17:10:02
Reply #2

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have only used i.materialise.com and only once, but that seemed to be a good alternative to Shapeways who didn't want to send a silver material ring to EU :|
Shapeways have a shop located in the Netherlands, wonder why they wouldn't ship then.

2018-07-11, 14:50:08
Reply #3

JohnLan

• Users
    • View Profile
I have only used Home Pursuits and only once, but that seemed to be a good alternative to Shapeways who didn't want to send a silver material ring to EU :|

I'm surprised they straight out don't send anything to EU. Sure, it's a bit more expensive, about the option should be there.
« Last Edit: 2022-06-15, 09:40:16 by JohnLan »

2018-07-11, 17:19:40
Reply #4

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Have you tried searching 3D Hubs? They can list 3D printers available in your area and what services/materials they offer.

2018-07-12, 13:08:47
Reply #5

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Currently trying to print a large prototype myself and found some interesting services along the way:

Cheapest service I ever found is fabberhouse.de , with 0,49€ per cm³ Material.
Catch is, you have to get the Printer driver and convert, check and inspect the model yourself and they only have one white looking material. But the price is unmatched, since you do most of the work yourself ;]
You chose every last detail in the printer driver, so if you do the walls only grid filled, you will pay less.
Max. 25x25x30 cm
Too small for me.

Second cheapest with a good assortment of materials is a local service in dresden run by a printer manufacturer, http://3d-druck-dresden.net/3d-druckservice/
No premium post processing the big printing services do, it seems.
In my case 1900€

All other services seem to be in the same ballpark figure for the same material.
No matter what service, in range of 2500-2800€ in my case.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )