Author Topic: noise limit and denoise doesnt work on render farms  (Read 2275 times)

2016-05-21, 23:08:26

3di

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've tried the noise limit and de-noising function on the render farms, the images returned are unusable due to banding.

There needs to be a controlling service which:

• Listens to all nodes current noise % and current pass count.
  • When one of the nodes reaches the specified noise % it stops the node with the highest number of passes and stores this pass count.
  • Stops all other nodes when they reach the pass count of the stopped node.
  • Stitches the slices together
  • Runs the denoise process as a whole.

After this the corona exr needs to be saved along with the de-noised image so that the farm can return both files back to enable the end user to load into the vfb locally and amend de-noise amount in post.

A Utility to load an exr sequence would be extremely useful so that the de-noise amount can be set for all frames of an animation in one go, either with the same amount for all frames, or via a graph with a bezier/linear curve.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-21, 23:40:19 by 3di »

2016-05-23, 21:33:25
Reply #1

3di

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've just had an email from pixel plow.  They think they've fixed the problem in a messy temporary work around, see below:

Michael,

We believe to have scripted proper handling of both the use of a noise limit and the corona.exr output.  In case a noise limit is defined, our system won’t strip render the scene.  As well, if the VFB autosave is enabled, we will not strip render and should direct the output to a location where it will be delivered to you.  Full description here:

http://www.pixelplow.net/support/corona-renderer-scene-file-handling/

We have not taken the time to test every option, so let us know if something doesn’t work as we’ve documented it on our site.

Thanks,
Pixel Plow Support

It would be great if you can get a proper solution together though so I can still get multiple nodes working on the farm on still images...and also so I dont have to open every frame of an animation individually to modify the denoise amount.

2016-07-22, 17:31:27
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
too complex to implement, plus we ended cooperation with pixel plow
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)