Author Topic: CML - Bug report- screen resolution fixed.  (Read 5033 times)

2014-03-29, 13:11:53

CML

• Active Users
    • View Profile
All users feedbacks are most welcome and we think it's right to post a progress report with you all.
In case you encounter any bugs, or have any improvements you want to suggest, please share it only in this post, and please try not to repeat an already written or known bugs.
Thank you.

First thing, a disclaimer, as it will appear in the website.
"The CML website is not in any way officially associated with the Corona Render engine."

1. Create a bug report page on the corona forum - DONE
2. Create one file with two model options, the first one fabric and the other, shader only -DONE
3. Create a sample scene with well defined rendering settings -DONE model size is now 7.5 MB
4. Create a tutorial about saving .mat file and publish it on the website- In Progress.
5. Create a Rich-text box for more options in the description user area -In Progress.
6. Disable the flash ruler menus when user is scrolling down, as we found it to be useful - DONE
7. missing texture error when opening a sample scene-DONE
8. Adjust the website size and design -DONE , now the website is adjustable  for 1400 pixel resolution and above without side scroll.
9. Adding a personal library for every user that uploads his materials- DONE
10. adding licence to use all  materials on cml website with no limitations -  DONE

One more personal request,

Please upload your materials to the cml website. in the end all of us will be able to enjoy using the corona render, save time , and contribute to the users community with just giving 10 minutes of our time. this can lead personal users and companies to make the corona render their primer rendering engine.

more users, more tutorials, better knowledge and one more render engine that will continue to developed and improve.
Thank you all.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-02, 06:09:23 by CML »

2014-03-29, 13:51:56
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
One huge problem I just realized is that there is no licence specified for the materials. When there is no licence, then nobody has rights to use the materials for anything. You should put them under a suitable licence, and make uploaders agree to the licence when providing the materials.

To encourage people to upload materials you should also guarantee that use of the site will always stay free. I would not upload materials to any site that could just put my materials behind a paywall one day and make a business out of it.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-03-29, 14:12:07
Reply #2

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
- in the fabric scene (didn't check the other), highlight compression is set to 2.0; this gives a false impression of how the material looks like, should be 1.0
- in the base model (not fabric) there are these cylindrical planes which are not aligned properly, you can see one one of them intersecting with the model (even in the renderings)
- the model has open edges on the bottom
- fabric file is way to big. It's tesselated too much for this purpose and produces unnecessarily much traffic (on your servers on for the users)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-03-29, 17:50:01
Reply #3

CML

• Active Users
    • View Profile
One huge problem I just realized is that there is no licence specified for the materials. When there is no licence, then nobody has rights to use the materials for anything. You should put them under a suitable licence, and make uploaders agree to the licence when providing the materials.

To encourage people to upload materials you should also guarantee that use of the site will always stay free. I would not upload materials to any site that could just put my materials behind a paywall one day and make a business out of it.
Thank you very much for this info.  Can't believe I miss it.
Will take care of it ASAP.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-29, 17:59:20 by CML »

2014-03-29, 17:58:50
Reply #4

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
- in the fabric scene (didn't check the other), highlight compression is set to 2.0; this gives a false impression of how the material looks like, should be 1.0
- in the base model (not fabric) there are these cylindrical planes which are not aligned properly, you can see one one of them intersecting with the model (even in the renderings)
- the model has open edges on the bottom
- fabric file is way to big. It's tesselated too much for this purpose and produces unnecessarily much traffic (on your servers on for the users)
I agree too about the fabric file size, you can use decimation master in zbrush ( if you have it ) it keeps uv + the nice shape and reduce dramatically its size.

2014-03-29, 19:29:46
Reply #5

CML

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Done!

2014-07-05, 06:18:31
Reply #6

chopmeister

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Polymachine
I just uploaded my first material, and immediately something came to mind. I see all the materials are moderated before being published which is great, but it seems that I can't edit (or even see) the given material before it has been moderated. I noticed a lot of users requesting 2012 max file versions (I uploaded 2014) so I could have changed that immediately before somebody even took time to look at it. It would seem logical to have a "pending" section on your profile where you can see what you have uploaded and edit it somehow. This way I have no way of knowing if I successfully uploaded the material or whether I forgot something.

Not really an important thing, I know, but it would be nice to have. :) 

And I suggest adding some sort of "approved user" status later. It makes no sense to moderate materials from users who have published let's say 20 or more good materials. It could save you some valuable time.

Keep up the good work :)

2014-07-06, 10:08:56
Reply #7

CML

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just uploaded my first material, and immediately something came to mind. I see all the materials are moderated before being published which is great, but it seems that I can't edit (or even see) the given material before it has been moderated. I noticed a lot of users requesting 2012 max file versions (I uploaded 2014) so I could have changed that immediately before somebody even took time to look at it. It would seem logical to have a "pending" section on your profile where you can see what you have uploaded and edit it somehow. This way I have no way of knowing if I successfully uploaded the material or whether I forgot something.

Not really an important thing, I know, but it would be nice to have. :) 

And I suggest adding some sort of "approved user" status later. It makes no sense to moderate materials from users who have published let's say 20 or more good materials. It could save you some valuable time.

Keep up the good work :)

hi,
all of the above are known issues and we are taking care of it.
thank you for your feedback.