Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
[C4D] General Discussion / Re: C4D 2024.4 Particles
« Last post by Cinemike on Today at 21:51:26 »
as far i understandusing the maxon cloner instead of the special RS object IS actually the  by maxon recommended and equivalent way to use particles for all 3rd party engines. Also Octane etc seem to use it that way.

Do you see any drawbacks on it in tests?

Using a cloner is slower in the viewport at least, which would also be an argument for a native Corona solution.
Gallery / Exterior visualization practice - different lights
« Last post by MICHAŁ ŁACH on Today at 21:09:30 »
Exterior visualization practice - different lights

These are my renders in which I practiced architectural visualizations in different lighting a few months ago.
It was made in 3ds max + Corona Renderer.

Let me know what you think!
Hardware / Re: Threadripper issues
« Last post by dfcorona on Today at 19:51:14 »
Try a local render of a scene that you can share. We can compare our times and see where the issue is. This will also rule out if it's any issue through network rendering.

I'm assuming all bioses are updated and you're running RAM at default? Did you build these systems yourself, or are these pre-built?
[C4D] General Discussion / Re: C4D 2024.4 Particles
« Last post by Stefan-L on Today at 18:20:58 »
as far i understandusing the maxon cloner instead of the special RS object IS actually the  by maxon recommended and equivalent way to use particles for all 3rd party engines. Also Octane etc seem to use it that way.

Do you see any drawbacks on it in tests?
Hardware / Re: Building a new workstation
« Last post by Juraj on Today at 15:37:12 »
I presume you mistyped Ryzen 7950X but no, it would not work like this. In particular:

7950X requires DDR5 memory instead of DDR4.

Working but suboptimal: 850 Watts. This is roughly enough for top CPU (like 7950X Ryzen) and GPU (4080) but transient spikes can cause it to overwhelm.
It's better to just go straight for 1000 Watts PSU and have peace of mind.
« Last post by Juraj on Today at 15:31:44 »
Super interesting. Are you testing local render times or DR&BB? And total frame times (Scene start-up, Precomp, Render, Denoise, Save, close-scene) or just pure speed in terms of Rays per Seconds?

I know from my experience the higher-core and more complex (multi-CPU,etc..) machines can for strange reason struggle with non-rendering aspects, particularly pre-comp processes can wildly swing. For that reason I often avoid Distributed rendering on complex scenes as the DR could take as long as 10 minutes or never even start due to some random bug.
« Last post by gmh_2001 on Today at 14:15:28 »
pulling resources from a dual epyc server (ms server 2019) -the drives are all nvme 4.0 and the connections are sfp+ 10gbe -across network with average transfers ~1GB up and down. The common factor is 64core machines (multiple) are being outperformed by 32 core machines (multiple)
« Last post by dfcorona on Today at 13:46:46 »
Are you pulling assets from nas or over Ethernet? Are you rendering local on all? We can try a sample scene rendered on your be mine too see if there is a difference.
« Last post by gmh_2001 on Today at 13:31:15 »
The benchmarks are as normal with the 3990x and 3995wx pulling away. But real world is a very different story. I've even tried standalone render and the 3970x machines are faster on most projects. Temps are all good with all chips at spec frequencies during renders.
« Last post by dfcorona on Today at 12:59:08 »
Going to go back to this again as there's something wrong. Recently bought another 64core threadripper 3995wx (used) to complement my existing 3990x and 4 other 3970x machines. It really annoyes me that all 4 3970x machines are way faster than the 64 core machines at rendering!! All latest drivers, os builds, bios, Corona 11 (+hotfix), 3dsmax 2024.2, 10gbe lan, AC on all machines. There is something going on here as we've now tested this setup with win 10 and win 11.
your saying your 3970x is faster than your 3990x machines? What are both pulling in Corona benchmark. I'll compare to my 3990x.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10