Author Topic: Newbie Question  (Read 4629 times)

2013-05-23, 21:39:25

jadams

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

looking for a bit of help - pretty much a noob here just wanting to play about.

Have a scene I created in 3ds max 2013 - rendered with MR and wanted to see the difference this renderer could make.

I downloaded and installed it (have also used one of the sample files on another thread to confirm it is installed correctly) and also downloaded the material converter.

When I run the render, all I seem to get is red - see attached file.

I can't figure out what I've done wrong.. I removed the mr photo control - do I need to delete all lights and replace them/

2013-05-23, 21:58:13
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
red = unsupported material. This means that the converter failed to convert most of the materials. Either it has a bug, or you are using some kind of material/combination of materials that is not supported
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-05-23, 22:35:59
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
And yes, you have to remove all the native max's lights and use Corona's lights or emitter geometry.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-05-23, 23:58:14
Reply #3

jadams

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The materials used were all straight from the standard shipped library - some Arch and Design, a few wood and the AEC doors and glass.

Is there a log or something that the material editor produces (possibly the wrong place to ask - but if it helps others..)

2013-05-24, 00:13:10
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
you can suggest it in the converter thread: http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,126.0.html
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-05-24, 07:24:08
Reply #5

jadams

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Will do. Thanks!:)