Author Topic: Hamilton sofa | Minotti  (Read 8104 times)

2014-05-27, 00:32:36

eduard.caliman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, here's my latest personal project. I have been admiring for quite a while the Minotti style and spent a lot of time in awe just browsing their website, and so have decided to give this project a go. This is the main shot of the whole series of pics that I plan to render out (about 6/7 of them) and it's about 90% completed, just need to move some pillows that look a bit weird and take care of other details.
The main subject of the scene is the Hamilton sofa which I modeled in 3DS Max and Marvelous Designer. The other elements that I modeled myself are the cushions, the lamp and the side tables while the rest of them were downloaded from the Minotti website. (www.minotti.it)

Would love to hear what you guys think of the progress.

Cheers !

2014-05-27, 02:01:12
Reply #1

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Love it! the only thing is the courtain material, is just not good, and the rest is great, materials, models and composition.

nice work!

2014-05-27, 03:26:31
Reply #2

Jack

• Active Users
    • View Profile
good work!
I like the materials set up and light 

2014-05-27, 09:07:57
Reply #3

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Both lighting and scene layout looks very comfortable. Like a space one would want to spend a lot of time in :)

2014-05-27, 09:19:31
Reply #4

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can see that you copy pasted the sitting cushions of the bench because of the wrinkles. Some variation could benefit. Lighting is great!

2014-05-27, 09:35:19
Reply #5

subpixelsk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • johny.mrazko.visualization
impressive as all of your work :) do you use any special lighting setup or is it just plain hdri? and I´d love to see your sofa and cushion material if you don´t mind. And one more question - what exactly on your sofa have you made in Marvelous and what in 3ds max?

thanks in advance

2014-05-27, 11:23:44
Reply #6

eduard.caliman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you all guys for your feedback.
fellazb Yes, you are probably right. I had created 2 cushions in Marvelous with 2 different types of wrinkles, so I have only used those 2 throughout. I'd probably better create some more variation;
daniel266Glad you like everything aside from the curtains :p I don't mind them that much tbh;
johnymrazko No special lighthing, just an hdri. I always end up using mainly either Peter's or Vizpeople ones. As far as the sofa goes, I have created the back cushions and the seat cushions in Marvelous while the lower structure was done in 3DS Max. Will provide some info and screenshots on the cushion material tonight when I get back home.

Thanks again guys !

2014-05-29, 17:00:14
Reply #7

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Great render. Regarding the HDRI, I agree with you. I always use the ones from Peter Guthrie. I am new to Corona, so can you just confirm me if you use this worflow for the HDRI?

Create a plane for each openning.
Assign the Corona portal material to each plane
Check the HDRI on the Environment Settings
Hit Render.

Thanks and once again great job.

PS: You could try to bring more contrast to image between the cooler light from outside and the warmer light from inside.

2014-06-03, 11:12:59
Reply #9

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Looking great, I like the mood of the interior. Curtain is somehow standing out, but everything else is just great.
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2014-06-03, 12:00:32
Reply #10

crazyman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
very interesting work.