Author Topic: London Fireplace  (Read 2993 times)

2018-01-31, 15:50:16

eduard.caliman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone, long time no post on here but let me make it up with a project recently completed.

The following is a scene created to showcase a luxury fireplace designed by a London based company.

Cheers,
Eduard

2018-01-31, 17:16:54
Reply #1

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As someone who works with Interior designers a lot, I've never thought to render out a material board before!

Great idea! It seems like such an obvious thing to do, I should have been doing it months ago.

*edit: I also checked out your website..!. Your portfolio has an exceptional photographic quality to it, very impressive.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-31, 17:21:58 by mferster »

2018-01-31, 18:18:09
Reply #2

LuckyFox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Scans
Really noooiice job, Eduard, unsurprisingly so.  Can you share any insight about carpet? CoronaHair mtl? HairAndFur or Forest pack?

2018-01-31, 21:35:59
Reply #3

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The cushion, rug and fire materials are incredible! Some of the best I've seen.

Can you share a bit more about them?

Thanks
Vray who?

2018-02-01, 11:20:43
Reply #4

eduard.caliman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I also checked out your website..!. Your portfolio has an exceptional photographic quality to it, very impressive.

Thank you mferster! Much appreciated, I'm glad that you enjoy the resulting visuals.

Really noooiice job, Eduard, unsurprisingly so.  Can you share any insight about carpet? CoronaHair mtl? HairAndFur or Forest pack?

Thank you LuckyFox! The carpet is generated by a single fiber with tiny hairs scattered over it and it is being distributed by Forest Pack. The material input in FPack is a simple Corona Material with a Forest Color in the Diffuse. I hope that helps and let me know if you need other info!

The cushion, rug and fire materials are incredible! Some of the best I've seen.

Can you share a bit more about them?

Thanks
Thank you agentdark45! I do tend to spend a lot of time on cushions, their folds and various styles and have modeled quite a few of them throughout the time. It always helps to create your own assets and library that you know works perfectly. Many of the models you can find around are always almost good but never perfect and I also enjoy the process of creating sometihing that I know has the standard of quality that I need. The fire had to be accurate and it was based on the client's product so I was provided with an image from which I then had to cut out the actual fire. I hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.