Author Topic: Anyone know how to add curvature to a leaf?  (Read 3038 times)

2016-03-13, 01:53:43

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Anyone have a work around for adding some curvature/concave features to leaves created by the IVY GENERATOR?

By the way I didn't create the image (disclaimer) I just googled it. But its a classic example of the flatness created by the IVY Generator.

http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/images/Krzysztof_Cebula_01.jpg

2016-03-13, 08:42:19
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Ivy generator's default leaves are made of single polygon, you can't bend them. There is option to replace leaves with custom mesh, but you'll loose some additional functionality, like vertex colours.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-03-13, 10:39:47
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
As Romullus said, you model bunch of curved leaves (usually 9-12 polies if it's up-close a bit). I attach our attempt 2 years ago.

Btw, if you want "fullness" (not the flat behavior), you don't model one leaf, but bunch of them together (as one object) and scatter those in IvyPlugin.

But then it works horribly, it swaps IDs, crashes, and do all sorts of weird behavior. It is nightmare. I do not suggest going this route at all : / Use GrowFX if you can.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-13, 10:43:57 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-03-14, 00:53:44
Reply #3

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Thanks for your insights guys, always provide much help. The ivy plug in sounds like a great software, but I just dont want to spend the cash right now (buts sounds like a great investment). On a positive note I was able curve the leaf with some edit poly moves..

2016-03-14, 00:55:31
Reply #4

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
I wouldn't curve them all the same way, but one can always randomly select by percentage for a more random appearance.